Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to Secure my Website?

Hi everyone.
    I have create a website with wordpress, but it's not secure. How can I secure my website???

Hello,

Its been a while since i have used WordPress however, they do have plugins you can use like: https://wordpress.org/plugins/secure-wordpress/

You can also find a few tutorials on google in regards to hardening your WordPress, here are a few i found for you:

https://www.siteground.com/tutorials...s_security.htm

http://codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress

I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Adam

Some of the tips to secure your wordpress site:

1. Always keep your wordpress site updated to the latest version.

2. Remove the default admin username and replace it with something different.

3. Update plugins regularly/remove unused plugins.

4. Use plugins like All In One WP Security or BulletProof Security
    ZynoHost - Cheap Web Hosting with cPanel, 99.9% Up-Time and 24x7 Support!
    Free Web Templates, Easy Site Builder and 1-Click Script Installer!

3990 Centre St # 307, San Diego, CA 92103
    Keep platforms and scripts up-to-date: One of the best things you can do to protect your website is to make sure any platforms or scripts you’ve installed are up-to-date. Because many of these tools are created as open-source software programs, their code is easily available – both to good-intentioned developers and malicious hackers.

Install security plugins, when possible: To enhance the security of your website once your platform and scripts are up-to-date, look into security plugins that actively prevent against hacking attempts.

Lock down your directory and file permissions: All websites can be boiled down to a series of files and folders that are stored on your web hosting account. Besides containing all of the scripts and data needed to make your website work, each of these files and folders is assigned a set of permissions that controls who can read, write, and execute any given file or folder, relative to the user they are or the group to which they belong.

2465 John F kenedy blvd 3G Jersey City, NJ 07304
    SSL is a secure subject layer that gives your website a layer of security. Making all your persona; information be encrypted so others can see it.
    They have really low budget you can get it for maximum of $30/year for more information visit us.
    serveyoursite agent web hosting done right.

Moving the wp-config.php out of the root WordPress directory is a good
    security measure, making it nearly impossible to potentially access this file from
    a web browser.

WordPress looks for the wp-config file in the root directory first, and if it can’t find that file it
    looks in the parent directory. This happens automatically so no settings need to be changed for this to work.

And of course make sure your WP is updated as well as plugins are.

It may seem obvious, but ensuring you keep all software up to date is vital in keeping your site secure. This applies to both the server operating system and any software you may be running on your website such as a CMS or forum. When website security holes are found in software, hackers are quick to attempt to abuse them.

If you are using a managed hosting solution then you don't need to worry so much about applying security updates for the operating system as the hosting company should take care of this.

If you are using third-party software on your website such as a CMS or forum, you should ensure you are quick to apply any security patches. Most vendors have a mailing list or RSS feed detailing any website security issues. WordPress, Umbraco and many other CMSes notify you of available system updates when you log in.

Common wordpress hardening methods are described in the below link itself. Why you have a feeling as your wordpress website is not secure?. Have you witnessed any type of hacking ?

http://codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress
    ServerPoint.com, hosting thousands of customers since 1998
    Dedicated Server Hosting - Cloud VPS Hosting - Web Hosting
    Las Vegas / Silicon Valley / Dallas / Ashburn / Amsterdam / Singapore

Website security is the critical importance for all webmasters. Cyberattacks cause data loss, traffic drops, and reputation damage. There are some tips for securing website against hackers.
    1. Choose a reliable web host
    2. Install SSL certificate
    3. Install WordPress security plugin
    4. Set up a strong password
    5. Customize login URL
    6. Update WordPress to the latest version
    7. Keep plugins and themes up to date.
    8. Create regular backups.
    Last edited by Talaa; 03-06-2019 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexparker View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I have create a website with wordpress, but it's not secure. How can I secure my website???
    General security measures are already listed here on the WordPress website, kindly check: https://codex.wordpress.org/Hardening_WordPress

Also, what kind of observation did you found in your website so that you have to look for the security feature?
    Does your server have Mod_security enabled?

Impressive results shared here.Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alexparker View Post
    Hi everyone.
    How do you know it is not secure? However, Install SSL to secure your website on internet.

Follow these steps to secure website from hackers:

1. Install security plug-ins when possible
    2. Use Https
    3. Keep you website and software up-to-date
    4. Keep your passwords strong
    5. Use parameterized queries
    6. Use CSP (Cross- site scripting)
    ServersBase.Com- sales@serversbase.com
    █ SSD cPanel Web Hosting • LiteSpeed • MariaDB • CloudLinux & MultiPHP!
    Solutions Tailored To Your Requirements For Unbeatable Agility.
    █ Fully Managed Cloud Instances, Daily Backups & Active Monitoring!

Use security software or plugins to secure

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast