Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Googlebot is the name of the search engine "spiders" - sometimes called "crawlers" - that Google sends to crawl & index your website.

Googlebot is a Google's web crawling bot and it is also called a "spider".

Crawling is the process by which Google bot discovers new and updated pages to be added to the Google index.

Whenever I think of Googlebot, I see a cute, smart Wall-E like robot speeding off on a quest to find and index knowledge in all corners of yet unknown worlds. It’s always slightly disappointing to be reminded that Googlebot is ‘only’ a computer program written by Google that crawls the web and adds pages to its index. Here, I’ll introduce you to the crawler and show you what it does.

Google use search engine bots to index any website.

From the left-hand navigation, then click Crawl and pick Fetch as Google. About the Webmaster Tools home page, then pick your website. In the textbox, enter the path component of a URL on your site that you want Googlebot to recover.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12