Computer Not Updating

When i turn on the computer blue screen looks like updating but nothing happening. What do I have to do?

y computer is set to automatically update every day, but has not been updating at all for the past year. When I check for updates, a message appears that says "failed" and when I look to see the list of things that try to update, they all say "failed." When it seaches for updates, a code comes up that says "error" with a bunch of numbers after it. Because of the computer unable to update, I am no longer able to print or open up any Microsoft programs, such as Word or Exel. When I try to open these programs, it tells me that not updating the computer could affect the stability of the computer and that I would need to go to Windows Update to install new updates. When I opened up Windows Update, it said that I must first install an update for Windows Update. I clicked "Install now" and it attempts to install, but then goes right back to the original page.

The other night I went online to see what else I could do about this. Several websites said that the problem was most likely from the catroot2 folder and that renaming this folder to catroot2old would fix the problem. I tried this and it would not allow me to change the name. Now I don't know what else to do. Please help!

My computer is set to automatically update every day, but has not been updating at all for the past year. When I check for updates, a message appears that says "failed" and when I look to see the list of things that try to update, they all say "failed." When it seaches for updates, a code comes up that says "error" with a bunch of numbers after it. Because of the computer unable to update, I am no longer able to print or open up any Microsoft programs, such as Word or Exel. When I try to open these programs, it tells me that not updating the computer could affect the stability of the computer and that I would need to go to Windows Update to install new updates. When I opened up Windows Update, it said that I must first install an update for Windows Update. I clicked "Install now" and it attempts to install, but then goes right back to the original page.

The other night I went online to see what else I could do about this. Several websites said that the problem was most likely from the catroot2 folder and that renaming this folder to catroot2old would fix the problem. I tried this and it would not allow me to change the name. Now I don't know what else to do. Please help!

my computer has same problem, that blue screen is not moving and there are on place to type. nothing is moving what to do.

Hey, first of all what Windows do you have? It may sound banal but have you tried to restart it? Mine used to do the same thing but at least it showed the origin of the problem. I looked for it on the internet but could not find a proper solution for it. If in your case it doesn't display anything beside the blue screen, I would get it to an expert but usually they are expensive and usually they just say that you need a new one (smh). Try to look on the internet for a solution as nowadays you can find everything there )). For example, my friend recommended this guide site, gadgetguide.in for pc struggles and it really helped me out.
    Last edited by koelek; 10-05-2020 at 11:38 AM.

when you want updeting your computer Restart the computer, then turn Automatic Updates back on. Open Windows Update, select Change Settings. Under Important Updates, click the dropdown and select Install updates automatically. Click OK to save your changes and then select Check for updates to download and install any remaining updates.

Restart the computer, then turn Automatic Updates back on. Open Windows Update, select Change Settings. Under Important Updates, click the dropdown and select Install updates automatically (recommended). Click OK to save your changes, and then select Check for updates to download and install any remaining updates.