Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Which is the best affordable SSL Certificate for your website?

If you want to enable green bar on your website, you must get Extended Validation Certificate. It will cost you higher than Domain Validation and Organization Validation, but it will help your visitors to find your legit website easily with the Green Address Bar. This appearance will give the confidence to complete the transaction online.

It depends on the project. Even free SSL from Let's Encrypt can fit the needs for a very simple blog. Personally, I will not order for an extended validation certificate for a 1000 monthly visitors for a blog. But if the concerned website is a large-scale company with +100$ order per cart, I will say that getting a paid SSL certificate is compulsory.

You should never used Free SSL Certificate as their are lot of demerits of uses free ssl certificate. some of them includes:

Not supported by all the browsers.
    bad user experience and lead you to loose potential customers.
    Seems like whole site down when ssl certificate is not working.
    Very hard to migrate to SSL Certificate authority.

Quote Originally Posted by rohit View Post
    You should never used Free SSL Certificate as their are lot of demerits of uses free ssl certificate. some of them includes:

Not supported by all the browsers.
    bad user experience and lead you to loose potential customers.
    Seems like whole site down when ssl certificate is not working.
    Very hard to migrate to SSL Certificate authority.
    This simply isn't true if you use Let's Encrypt (except for point 3 which is the same whether certificate is paid or not).
    https://www.20i.com
    Next-gen hosting in the UK.

There's nothing like best SSL certificate, simply go for any SSL company. For example: Comodo SSL

All they work same, very little or no difference.

The answer to this question depends on the context of what needs to be achieved.

For commercial usage brands such as Comodo, RapidSSL, GeoTrust and Thawte certificates are generally preferred. Comodo is the most affordable of the lot.

If you wish to pay a low price for your SSL certificate, then it is worth checking SSL certificate reseller websites such as ComodoSSLStore. Their lowest price certificates include a Comodo Domain Validation certificate for just $7.27 for one year.

We will recommend the following :

For personal website or blog - get a domain validated SSL certificate that will be issued within 15 minutes.
    For Organization and ecommerce enable website - get a Green address EV SSL certificate

With Chrome pushing the latest update of its browser version, websites that without HTTPS will be mark as "Not Secure" when it's loaded. HTTPS SSL certificate is now become part of the important item to take care off.
    Tweakservers.com ~Providing Premium Windows 2003/2008 & cPanel Server Setup & Security Hardening
    Affordable Self-Managed and Full Managed Dedicated Server Provider

In my opinion, I don't install my small blog with paying money, unless it is with a big scale traffic.

Rapid SSL is best for small website owners. I am also planning to buy SSL and Rapid.
    Tours to Bhutan@Bokars | Tour Operator

You can't say that a particular SSL Certificate is the best. First you have to understand the business need/requirement and secondly weither your website has sensitive information or not, How much you are ready to spend for it. Finally main thing is that a particular SSL Certificate must suits your requirement.

CheapSSLsecurity – A Cheapest SSL Certificate Reseller.

Your website needs any SSL certificate If you're asking for any personal information. But that's not all there is to it. Search engines are cracking down on perceived 'non-secure' websites. Any websites without the SSL certificate will remain http while those with encryption will show https in users' browsers.