WordPress 5.1 Released (Many WordPress Theme Crashed) - What to do?

Hi friends,

This post is for informational purposes only.

Many of us are using WordPress CMS and using free or paid themes.
    On 21st Feb 2019, WordPress 5.1 “Betty” Released and many themes backward compatibility break in WordPress 5.1.

WordPress themes providers have already reported it to the WordPress core team.
    Now what you have to do if your WordPress theme has also broke.

For now, please log into your website/blog admin panel and revert back to the latest 5.0 version using this plugin:

Install wp-downgrade WordPress plugin and revert your WordPress version to 5.0.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-downgrade/

Note: Don't forget to report this problem to your WordPress theme provider so that they can release the new WordPress theme at the earliest.

I hope WordPress core team will also update and allow backward compatibility to many WordPress theme in next release.

thank you! that's actually what i was looking for!

thank you a lot! you can't imagine how much I've searched for this.

I think that specific issue has been dealt with, I might be mistaken though. The thing is that every time there is such an upgrade everything gets messed up. I'm not really proficient in WordPress usage, so to say, but I'm trying to find my way through it. I don't actually find it as difficult as I first imagined it would be, but I think that's mostly because there are so many more "tools" that are meant to help you along the way. For example, I think I might spend half of my day on https://www.worldwpmentor.com trying to either sort something out or just get a new idea. Also, videos help so much, at least I could watch them all day long and feel like I accomplished a lot that day.

It is complicated.

In order to upgrade WordPress or any plugin, it is needed to make all plugins inactive and active them slowly. If it crashes you can backup your site with a Backup like Backup Vault (You can backup even if your website goes completely r.i.p)
    Codes will needed to be re-written in some cases. Mainly .php codes. But one thing is for sure: Always get backups!!!