Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft ASP

Microsoft ASP

I am looking for a hosting company offering Microsoft ASP support as part of its reseller plans. Any recommendations?

Nino

NS-Icon
    Hi Nino,

I think you would require a windows based hosting provider as Apache_ASP module is slightly different and therefore requires some code changes for your ASP based scripts.

You could take a look at 1PlanHost or hostnexus.com

Best of luck, keep us posted on who you choose and how it works out

How about DiscountASP.NET?

Thanks I'll check those out.

Hello Nino,

You can check out www.HostSearch.com.

If you are planning to resell hosting I would advise against it. You are better off running your own servers...

1PlanHost
    Quote Originally Posted by ASP-Hosting.ca
    If you are planning to resell hosting I would advise against it. You are better off running your own servers...
    Yes, but the key question is do they have the resources and expertise required to run a web hosting business on a dedicated server of their own? Many of those that try, quickly fail and realize they are getting in way over their heads. Maintaining servers with reliability and server security on Windows is not child's play and those who play with it often get seriously burned. Many of the resellers that sign up with us at 1PlanHost are refugees from big box dedicated hosting companies where they previously had leased unmanaged dedicated servers but got in over their heads. There is a serious number of small web hosting companies that start up each year with a dedicated server then quickly fail when they get hit with worms, hackers, failed hard drives, nic cards that stop working and sometimes just as a result of overselling Windows hosting.

Leaving the server management, serious capitol investment for servers and networking equipment up to the wholesale host is a very wise move for many.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

Darrell,

Web hosting is a business like any other business, and should be treated as such. If you can't afford several hundred dollars monthly for fully managed server, then I don't call this a business. I call this a hobby.

Just curious, do you outsource your server management or do you have an in-house solution?

1PlanHost
    Agreed but the hobby folks indeed outnumber the serious business seekers. Some resellers who are serious about their business eventually turn into major hosting companies of their own but that is still a big step for many.

100% of our servers and network are fully owned (not leased) by our company and are managed 100% by our own staff in our data center here in Tennessee. We do not outsource support either.

Thanks Darrell,

I got the impression at one point that you were using Jim Hunt's managed services. Am I wrong?

1PlanHost
    Absolutely! I am sorry but I do not know how you got that impression. I am not even remotely aware of Jim Hunt's managed services.

Our entire operation is fully ran in house by our company staff.

For the best and totally unbiased information i think you should search for hosts in directories... a lot of the times a host is properly checked before they are included in a directory...

www.hostpulse.com
    www.hostsearch.com
    www.hostbyte.com
    www.findahost.smesource.com

these are fairly decent directories... hopefully you will b able to find something over there...
    Cheers,

Ashish
    ASP WEB HOSTING

Hi

Any windows hosting company would be able to offer you what you need in ASP

Arrow I Hope so, it Helps

You will find a list of good and reliable resellers offering ASP as a part of reseller plan at H-Sphere's Partner Page. Also check out ourinternet.us windows plans, they are doing great for us thus far.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast