HI, Clocking is the Black Hat technique and recommended not use according to the Google search engine.

Cloaking is a one of the black hat SEO technique. The content and information visible to users entirely different from users and Google spiders & robots.

Mobile App Development Companies | SEO Services

Link cloaking is a method used to make a long affiliate URL link into a shorter and prettier one—often to the detriment of a brand. The first URL clearly identifies the merchant, whereas the second is simply a shorter URL seen more frequently as more and more people use link shortening services

Link Cloaking is introduced to identify whether the links is actually an affiliate or a spam. Most of the times, SERPs might have caught the long and ugly affiliate links, considering it as a spam, rather than affiliates. Hence, Link Cloaking helps search engines to differentiate between the affiliate and spam links.

Here are some benefits of Link Cloaking are given below:
    1. Increase the conversion
    2. Easy to track & manage
    3. Increased CTR
    4. Avoids SEO penalty from Google.

Link Trust
    People are smart. A visitor is much more likely to click a link pointing to the same website they are on than they are to click on an affiliate link directly. I’ve seen it time and time again, cloaking affiliate links leads to increased click-through rate.

By keeping the link pointing at something else on your website, you are increasing the perceived trust in that link.

What would you prefer to click on? A link with a bunch of letters and numbers after it that looks as though the website owner might be getting some sort of sly kick-back for sending you there? O would you click a link that is pointing to another page on the same website?

Additionally, by cloaking my affiliate link, I can set what the URL looks like, so instead of a link to a product page on some other site with random numbers and product ID’s that make no sense to my audience, I can change the slug of the URL to match whatever I like.

For example (not an affiliate link by the way):
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/bb2e/ links to a cool Tuan Tuan sleeping bag (yes.. Star Wars fan right here) but the URL isn’t descriptive at all. You can’t just look at that URL and know what is on the other side.

If I cloaked this URL, I could easily have:
    example.com/go/tuan-tuan-sleeping-bag and you would know just by looking at it, that it probably leads to a sleeping bag product.

This, in turn, leads to sending more qualified visitors through your affiliate links. Because they know what to expect, they are more likely to buy.

Management
    Secondly, cloaking your affiliate links is usually done with the help of an affiliate link management plugin, like ThirstyAffiliates. This gives you many other side benefits, chief among them, management control.

As an affiliate marketer, you might not just have one or two links. You might have hundreds or even thousands.

To be honest, the task of organising and managing more than a few affiliate links over time can become a complete nightmare. That is why solutions like ours exist.

In ThirstyAffiliates you can organise your affiliate links into categories to keep them in logical groups. All my hosting links belong to a “Hosting” link category, all my WordPress plugin affiliate links belong to a “WordPress Plugins” link category, and so on.

Additionally, it makes it much easier to insert affiliate links into blog posts like this one.

I can just select some text, search for the link I want to insert and it’s linked up straight away.

Inserting Cloaked Affiliate Link With ThirstyAffiliates

Tracking
    Finally, another great benefit of cloaking links is the ability to track the traffic on your affiliate links.

Knowing which affiliate links are actually getting traction with your audience is very important for improving the performance of your links.

If you know that your audience likes to click on links about fashion clothing items, but are not really clicking links to do with fashionable technology items, then you know to focus more on promoting the clothing instead and write more content surrounding those topics.

Link cloaking is the process of disguising the affiliate link URL, provided by an affiliate program, to obfuscate your affiliate ID and make the link shorter. This protects your affiliate commissions by making the affiliate ID less visible and makes the link more visually appealing to visitors.