Thumbs down What happends to echolima, is gone?

Hi
    Four days ago I sign up in echolima.com and now the server is down ( I supose) for second days. I haven´t received any mail, the web page is not working.
    I have send two mails without anwser, I think I have done a big mistake choosing this hosting.
    Any idea what´s going on?

Thanks

Penney

They have money back guarantee 30 days but they donīt answer the mail. Very bad, nearly 48 hors down.

Is there a phone number you can contact them through?
    Hopefully it will get sorted but 2 days down is not good.
    As a last resort if you paid by credit card you can contact your bank and issue a chargeback for services not rendered. I wouldnt advise this though unless you've exhausted all means to contact them. Hopefully they will just issue a refund and you can shop for a new host.

Their site appears to be back up, but I can't find any news on theri site regarding any downtime.
    Were you able to get in touch with them already?
    IceBlueHost | Premium Quality Hosting Solutions
    Shared | Reseller | VPS | Dedicated | cPanel | Softaculous | Master Reseller
    True 24x7 Support | No Overselling | Servers in US, UK and Germany
    Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and special promotions

Penney, I've had my site (enginuity.org) at echolima for about 8 months now. They apparantly were bought out and said they'd have downtime on and around december 26th. It's now jan 5 and I'm still having trouble. I decided to just find a new host (netfirms.com) and I've been unable to contact echolima for a domain transfer authorization code. I'm getting mad.

Quote Originally Posted by qoncept
    Penney, I've had my site (enginuity.org) at echolima for about 8 months now. They apparantly were bought out and said they'd have downtime on and around december 26th. It's now jan 5 and I'm still having trouble. I decided to just find a new host (netfirms.com) and I've been unable to contact echolima for a domain transfer authorization code. I'm getting mad.
    Who bought them?

Quote Originally Posted by ASP-Hosting.ca
    Who bought them?
    I'm not sure.. here's the short reply I got when I asked when the site would finally be back up
    Its just being migrated to the new server sir.

Lee Edward
    CEO
    Echolima Web Services Inc.
    I honestly don't remember where I heard they were being bought out. I thought it was an email but I can't find it now..

Edit: Here it is.. December 6
    Good day!

As some of you may already know, Echolima Web Services Inc. has been sold and new ownership is slowly taking over. This brings on some obstacles and new server changes which will enhance your 'Echolima' experience.

Because of this, you may experience a few days of downtime shortly after the 25th of December, for the move to the new servers. There should be nothing to do on your end for this move, however I do ask that incase of a problem that you back up your data using the back up utility in PLESK and downloading the backup file.

I also ask that you try to minimize the file uploads starting the 23rd of December.

I am sorry if this has caused an inconvenience to any of you, but I do look forward to hearing from you all soon.

Thank you,

Lee Edward
    CEO
    Echolima Web Services Inc.

Generated by Echolima Web Services Inc.
    Last edited by qoncept; 01-06-2006 at 01:29 AM.

Maybe they had a fatal server problem and had to move clients to new server. That process may take up to 1 week if they have thousands of clients on the old server.
    www.HostMarker.com - Web Hosting Directory
    Search and Browse Categorized Web Hosts
    Request Free Hosting Price Quotes

It's been over two weeks of outage and even their homepage or internal support site (ewssupport.com) doesn't work. I find that hard to believe that some interim website can't be setup just to inform their customers , because this seriously bad business practice to simply disappear without any contact information. I'm moving my business out asap.

Then you should better apply your bank for credit card chargeback procedure to get your money back.
    www.HostMarker.com - Web Hosting Directory
    Search and Browse Categorized Web Hosts
    Request Free Hosting Price Quotes

I'm working on that, I'm also trying to get my domain transfered which is proving to be difficult.

It's been over a month since I've been able to contact anyone and echolima's support phone number is a residential phone number.

www.echolima.com now has a for-sale placeholder advertising a Honda civic. This is bad news for anybody looking to reclaim those domains that were held on behalf of them by echolima.com as the registrar.