Stop the Server Advertisment Swindle

This is a note to folks who are looking for a dedicated server. Do not be fooled by advertised servers for $49.95, $59.95, etc.
    These are NOT dedicated servers but rather virtual servers which share CPU and Memory with many other virtual servers on the same machine.
    If you need a dedicated server be prepared to spend between $150.00 and $300.00 for a decent, worthwhile, stand alone machine.

Virtual servers are nothing more than an expensive hosting account with maybe pseudo root access.

Hopefully this vent stays on here long enough to make a difference. As an honest dedicated server provider I just about had my fill of all the lies the 'big guys' perpetuate.

Thanks,
    Tom

Hi Tom,
    Couldnt help but comment: I share your same feelings but with the shared hosting market pricing. Its absolutely gotten way out of control.

I agree with both of you guys. The truth is that most hosting customers do not care about reliable service, and they compare and choose their hosting provider only by price.

i have found that dedicated servers below $100 with any type of software with them are just not available, and if you do find them they are old servers with less than par cpu speeds
    www.FinishHost.com | Free Modernbill for Resellers
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Dedicated Servers
    24/7 Support! | Cpanel + Fantastico Times

Domain Names | No Overselling | End User Support

I'm just wondering guys because we sell some servers under $100 and they are all reliable. The only thing mentioned might by CPU standards. What should the standard be for an $80/month server assuming all other things equal?
    Ilya
    eBoundHost
    Fast Dedicated Servers, Web Hosting, Hosting Company Acquisitions
    ilya (at) eBoundHost (dot) com

Quote Originally Posted by ilyabern
    I'm just wondering guys because we sell some servers under $100 and they are all reliable. The only thing mentioned might by CPU standards. What should the standard be for an $80/month server assuming all other things equal?
    i guess when i say "software" i mean control panels, i think 80 a month for just the server is probably the standard, cpanel or plesk will put you at around 105 -115 at most places i have seen

for me i paid like 100+ for the bare essential server plus added 25/monthly for cpanel/fantastico to make it easier for clients to control their site with less or no help from me.

yea my servers are more than 80 thats for sure.
    i had to buy fantastico directly from the company(cant think of there name)
    and it was $99 a year
    but i think most dedicated sellers offer it for $5.00 a month and $20.00 for cpanel