Can irrelevant backlinks reverse the effects of your SEO?

Hello, I bought a domain for a nutrition website but the old owner of this domain had a website that talked about digital marketing, SEO google, etc. Now I have 264 backlinks with a great authority score between 48 - 72.

The problem is the backlinks are in the following categories: Business & Industrial, computer & Video Games, digital marketing... unrelated to my nutrition website. Now, what should I do?

Remove backlinks with google console because they can confuse google about my website niche?

Thank you very much for your help.

If the site is still up and you have all the pages i would update the content on the pages to include your new site. If your just trying to use the site and add new content for nutrition the backlinks and authority score will go down.

I would make new site for nutrition and new domain name then in seo post add your site in content and how you seo it for google. Keep most of original content but describe how you seo your nutrition site with seo backlink to that site. You could figure out ways to get backlinks in the site and not change the site and loose pr. It will not be the best way to do it but it is better than loosing all the backlinks.

YES. Keep in mind that Google, along with other search engines continues to update their algorithms, making the system spam-proof. Over the years, the algorithms of search engines, especially Google have continued to evolve. Make sure you link to quality sites with relevant content.

Then, it will look to Google like you’re trying to help your readers. Google will reward you with higher SEO and visibility.