Exclamation Best Domain and Email Deal?

I see where the new www.Gate.com has a domain and email for $4.95 per month. It’s cheaper if you sign up for a year in advance (works out to $4.16.).

I have a similar account at Go Daddy, and it costs about the same.

What should I look for when planning to purchase JUST a domain name and email account? What would be a compelling reason to switch (my account is due for renewal in February)?

I noticed that there is no setup fee and 1 Gig of space with the Gate.com deal.
    webmaster resources - www.webmastersales.com - webmaster forums and news
    free webmaster tips and tricks

NS-Icon

Smile Your Domain?

Hi,

Just out of curiosity, could you please provide us with your current hosting supplier and domain name, it helps to post these details when possible to ensure others and myself don’t view your post as an advertisement for gate

I really looks like self promotion or paid review for gate. By the way, why are you so curious about price when you are talking about a $5 service
    www.HostMarker.com - Web Hosting Directory
    Search and Browse Categorized Web Hosts
    Request Free Hosting Price Quotes

Exclamation

From Reply Above: ''Just out of curiosity, could you please provide us with your current hosting supplier and domain name, it helps to post these details when possible to ensure others and myself don’t view your post as an advertisement for gate''

I have a few accounts at multiple providers:

lahost.net
    godaddy.com
    webintellects.com
    hostmysite.com

I also have many domains parked (at Go Daddy). For this particular example I was referring to a domain that I registered for my father - he just wants email. I got it through Go Daddy and also use a tool called 'spamarrest' to filter out spam.

The whole account plus spamarrest is somewhat more expensive than the plan I read about above. Just trying to save a few bucks - as I am giving the service (domain registration and email account) away to my dad for free.

I see posts in here all the time that ask things like: "Is IPOWER a good email host?" or "Is Go Daddy a good domain provider?"

Not sure why this is a big deal? Are we supposed to refrain from mentioning brand names on this forum?

Thanks for any help you can give.
    webmaster resources - www.webmastersales.com - webmaster forums and news
    free webmaster tips and tricks