HOSTING CUSTOMER SUPPORT! don't play with it...

Newbies! It's imperative for you to know that web host features does not just stop with Unilimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth. There are other very salient features to which some people looking for a host provider have ignore, it is CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

You will not value the importance of a good customer support until you start having problems which you want resolved in the shortest possible time. For some host providers this is like telling them to do the impossible.

It is sad that some of the so-called reputable host don't even have a ticket system not to talk of an on-line chat system where you can ask questions and receive answers in real time.

So, for those of you that are new to hosting or want to change your host, then you had better look for a host that offers good customer support either by Chat, ticket system or forum.

Actually web hosting should never start with the words unlimited space or bandwidth LOL.

I know Ive tried to work with forums for my company but most of my customers were not interested. But other than that cant argue with you on any of those points.

Quote Originally Posted by RH1 View Post
    Actually web hosting should never start with the words unlimited space or bandwidth LOL.

I know Ive tried to work with forums for my company but most of my customers were not interested. But other than that cant argue with you on any of those points.
    If they have the problems and would like to discuss them I assume forums would be the best places
    ?Want FREE Windows 7 UE or Zune HD 32GB? - We will give it!
    learn more how to get it...
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Why would someone want to discuss a problem in a forum instead of contacting support directly? What if someone doesnt check the forum then they never get an answer right?

Ive seen a lot of software / script development sites out there that go that route and no one ever answers the question. I would rather be contacted to help a customer rather than hope it gets seen on a forum .

Quote Originally Posted by afam4eva View Post
    Newbies! It's imperative for you to know that web host features does not just stop with Unilimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth. There are other very salient features to which some people looking for a host provider have ignore, it is CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

You will not value the importance of a good customer support until you start having problems which you want resolved in the shortest possible time. For some host providers this is like telling them to do the impossible.

It is sad that some of the so-called reputable host don't even have a ticket system not to talk of an on-line chat system where you can ask questions and receive answers in real time.

So, for those of you that are new to hosting or want to change your host, then you had better look for a host that offers good customer support either by Chat, ticket system or forum.
    I actually think it would be hard to find a host perceived as reputable, that DOESN'T have at least a support ticket system. That's fairly basic. Support forums, or Live Chat maybe not. But a support ticket system is something every host will (or certainly should) have.

I agree with Micron. Support tickets in my opinion are a must for any business. Live chat is a bonus, but not as secure or private as support tickets can be, which is why many providers rely on Livechat solely for Sales only. Beyond that, forums aren't necessary, but they are nice for the clients to post for basic help. Maybe someone is interested in doing something for their site, and wants to install a new panel, or a new script, but is unsure as to the results. I wouldn't recommend using a forum as the sole means of support either, but it ya it's not bad for basic peer to peer support, and simply news updates.

Customer support that is really important. But I believe that is impossible to taste that without trying a hosting service
    The only hope in this situation is review
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

some of the so-called reputable host don't even have a ticket system
    None of the reasonably well known hosts I know are without ticket system. If there is any, it would most likely be run by one guy from his reseller package.
    Looking for Cloud Hosting? Get some MediaTemple Coupons
    Shared Hosting? Get some MyHosting Promo Code Or Hostmonster Coupon

Quote Originally Posted by bhumphries View Post
    I agree with Micron. Support tickets in my opinion are a must for any business. Live chat is a bonus, but not as secure or private as support tickets can be, which is why many providers rely on Livechat solely for Sales only. Beyond that, forums aren't necessary, but they are nice for the clients to post for basic help. Maybe someone is interested in doing something for their site, and wants to install a new panel, or a new script, but is unsure as to the results. I wouldn't recommend using a forum as the sole means of support either, but it ya it's not bad for basic peer to peer support, and simply news updates.
    yeah, suport tickets are OK, but just imagine how excrutiating it will be for a reseller to submit a ticket,wait for hours to receive a reply. It will be inimical to the success of his business. He could loose customers you know. That why i always look for hosts that offer live support.

Quote Originally Posted by RH1 View Post
    Why would someone want to discuss a problem in a forum instead of contacting support directly? What if someone doesnt check the forum then they never get an answer right?

Ive seen a lot of software / script development sites out there that go that route and no one ever answers the question. I would rather be contacted to help a customer rather than hope it gets seen on a forum .

Quote Originally Posted by eytru View Post
    If you see that why you sign up for the such web hosting companies then?
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

If the hosting company doesn't have a ticket system and livechat system you should not choose it,because once you come across a problem,maybe it will not be resolved in good time .
    HostEase Web Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.