Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HELP - Namehog Web Host has been hacked & their backups dont work

Can anyone please help www.Namehog.net? They were hacked over 24 hours ago and sites are still down. . The earlier they can sort out the problem, the quicker customer websites are resored. Thank you

This is the message on Namehog's status page;

Hacked Web Sites
    We have encountered a major hacking attack on one of our webservers containing around 800 websites. Unfortunately a number of these have been badly damaged along with backups.

if you have a website thats with us that is currently not working as you expect, it is most liklely to be due to this problem. You will need to contact us so that we can let you know what you need to do.

We will be emailing all clients who are affected in the next 24 hours.

You should check if an auto backup has been performed earlier. BTW you should keep your own back ups. I don't think they will reply to your mails or contact you. Their inbox may be flooded with mails.

I believe you should contact their support and ask for help

Quote Originally Posted by Corrazon View Post
    I believe you should contact their support and ask for help
    I support this suggestion, if this host is unable to help you go for another

If backups are off-site and secure, i don't see how they could be vulnerable as well.