Reseller against affiliat

Recently one of my friends became a affiliate of some hosting provider. I am confused affiliate with reseller. Could you tell me the difference between them?
    HostEase Web Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

There are hosts offering affiliate and reseller hosting programs..
    If you don't want to spend money, an affiliate program will be the best option.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Quote Originally Posted by HostEase View Post
    Recently one of my friends became a affiliate of some hosting provider. I am confused affiliate with reseller. Could you tell me the difference between them?
    Reseller means reselling hosting services of a particular hosting provider. For becoming a Reseller, you will have to purchase a hosting plan from the Hosting provider and then divide that plan into small Shared packages which can be reselled further to your end user. Its a must to purchase a Hosting plan from the Hosting provider in order to resell it. You can decide your own prices for the services that you resell. It will help you to set your profit margins and you can also upgrade your hosting plan to a higher one if your clients increase, so that you can resell more resources(like space and bandwidth) to them.

Affiliate means referring the hosting services to someone. You do not need to invest any money for being a Affiliate. You just need to register a free Affiliate account with some hosting company. In this way you will get a unique Affiliate link and if someone places a order using your Affiliate link, you get a commission for the same. The Terms and conditions for being a Affiliate and the commission will vary as per each Hosting provider.

I vote for James-A

Good detailed answer.
    Coupon Site Script - Turnkey Affiliate Moneymaking Business

Code Coupon Discount - Coupon Site Script in Action

Usually affiliate programs only pay you a one time commission and the programs are free to join. As a reseller, you are buying the products at wholesale and then reselling them at your own price so determine your own profit margin.

And in the case of reselling domains and web hosting, you continue to earn commissions on customers' repeat purchases for life. So while affiliate programs are free, you can earn a lot more in the long-run as a reseller.

Besides, you should be 100% sure in reliability of the web hosting provider you are going to deal with.. whether it will be an affiliate program or reseller hosting account.

Those are completely different types of business. Affiliate gives you income for the promotion and attarction, while reselling is like a dealership without necessity of using brand name.

Quality reseller and affilate programs are given by exmasters.com.

Excellent site.
    ======
    samrat
    =========
    bpo process

Both are completely different types of business. Affiliate gives you income for the promotion and attarction, while reselling is like a dealership without necessity of using brand name.