Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Cloud hosting is a virtual server and dedicated server is physical equipment in which the server space is provided to a client on an individual basis. However, both these hosting plans are compatible to current business landscape and you can choose a plan in compliance with your business needs and the amount of traffic your e-commerce portal drawn.

Are you confused about your options when it comes to hosting your application or website? If you’re not sure whether cloud servers or dedicated servers are the right fit, then this should help.

The cloud hosting that mysterious place where Apple and Google send all your information is actually a virtual real-time environment that is hosted by multiple connected servers all at once. It’s a relatively new concept, but it’s spreading like wild fire and changing the way we think about data storage.

in dedicated hosting store your data in some unknown virtual environment, many companies choose to use their own dedicated servers. A dedicated server is exactly how it sounds – a server that someone buys or leases to manage all the data. It’s kind of like using your personal computer, but on a much grander scale. This is the most traditional route for hosting.

What is cloud hosting and what do it do work.

cloud hosting is a virtual realtime environment that is hosted by multiple connected servers all at once.It's a relatively new concept ,but its spreading like a wild fire and changing the way we think about data storage

deicated server is stored your data in some unknown environment,many companies choose to use their own dedicated servers

I did not knew the difference between cloud hosting vs dedicated server before reading this thread, thanks to all of you guys.

Well, both of things either dedicated server hosting or cloud hosting are necessary for hosting, But the main concern always depends upon the requirement and budget.

Majority of the VPS benefits of VPS are also applicable to a dedicated server. However, there are a couple of features that differentiate the two. Unlike VPS, you need to buy or rent the physical server, and also incur costs related to maintenance or management. Dedicated servers are mostly housed in Data centers, similar to collocation facilities, providing redundant power sources and HVAC systems. In contrast to collocation, the server hardware is owned by the provider and in some cases they will provide support for your operating system or application. You may either use a managed or an unmanaged dedicated server as per your convenience. But for cloud or Vps you can do the all management from software itself and its scalable, almost all providers use solusVM software to manage it. If your business have less traffic then you can go with cloud or VPS but if your business have good traffic hope dedicated is the best option for you.

Cloud hosting means where has multiple server connected and Dedicated server where has the access to multiple server.

cloud computing vs dedicated computing

Cloud Computing:

Cloud computing is still a new concept and in some companies it is still a foreign concept. But potentially it is predicted buy some experts, nonetheless, it becomes the sole solution of data storage and hosting in the future.

Dedicated Computing:

This is the traditional way of hosting and follows a simple protocol in which a user buys or leases a server from a provider and pays for that server’s full complement of resources, regardless of how much is utilized

There’s much conversation between Thinking Web web servers vs real Web web servers. To choose which option is right, it’s key to view the main modifications, as well as similarities,

Yeah, the one of the main difference between dedicated hosting and cloud hosting is the cost effectiveness involved.

I have tried both of these servers and found them very good. Cloud servers and dedicated server both are a very good option to run your business. It's upto your service provider. My hosting provider is cloudoye and they are really very good in it.

There is a log of buzz around the world cloud these days. I am also going to give cloud a try and have tried to call a couple of hosting companies which claim that they are selling cloud hosting companies. Some of the things they told were pretty confusing and that is the reason i am here to discuss the difference between the two types of hosting Cloud Hosting and dedicated hosting and i want to compare these two.

Now one of the host i called says offers all types of hosting Cloud, VPS and dedicated but as i was interested only in their cloud services an asked them specifically that how much time it would take me if i upgrade my Ram and they said just a minute but after you do any sort of upgrade your web server may go down for upto an hour, so i am already thinking that what is the difference than if i even have to experience a down time even with the cloud hosting service. This thing have increased my confusion and now i just thing that cloud is just a word and they use this terminology just to sell their VPS at three times the prices of their normal packages.

Any body from other users of the forum may agree or disagree with me and actually i am very keen to hear from other people if there are any other differences between the two hosting types which you can tell.

-Cloud hosting is now applicable to the organizations of all sizes.. With cloud hosting payment can be made only for the resources that are used but with dedicated servers you are in need to pay for all the resources that are provided.
    -A dedicated hosting service, dedicated server, or managed hosting service is a type of Internet hosting in which the client leases an entire server not shared with anyone else. This is more flexible than shared hosting, as organizations have full control over the server(s), including choice of operating system, hardware, etc. There is also another level of dedicated or managed hosting commonly referred to as complex managed hosting. Complex Managed Hosting applies to both physical dedicated servers, Hybrid server and virtual servers, with many companies choosing a hybrid (combination of physical and virtual) hosting solution. There are many similarities between standard and complex managed hosting but the key difference is the level of administrative and engineering support that the customer pays for – owing to both the increased size and complexity of the infrastructure deployment. The provider steps in to take over most of the management, including security, memory, storage and IT support. The service is primarily proactive in nature.[1] Server administration can usually be provided by the hosting company as an add-on service. In some cases a dedicated server can offer less overhead and a larger return on investment. Dedicated servers are most often housed in data centers, similar to colocation facilities, providing redundant power sources and HVAC systems. In contrast to colocation, the server hardware is owned by the provider and in some cases they will provide support for operating systems or applications.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast