How does including "the" at the beginning of domain affects it?

I was just wondering how does adding "the" at the beginning of domain affects its worth or brand. I want to register a domain but its now available. Should i go with the domain thexxxx.com ?

thanks for ur help!

If you are looking for SEO benefit in domain name then adding 'the' won't help you since it's a dead word IMO but if your required domain name is only available with with 'the' prefix then you can give it a try (if the available domain name is easy to remember )

If the domain you are looking at has been taken (and is being used) then you could find yourself in trouble operating under such a similar name - especially if you are in the same industry. I would recommend coming up with an alternative name, something catchy that either describes your product/service or is just the company name. For search purposes the name shouldn't matter too much if SEO is done correctly IMO.

UK Payment Gateway - Shared Server Hosting - Managed Server Hosting - Domain Registration
    Diamond Award Customer Satisfaction. UK Support. 24/7 access Data Centre
    PCI Level 1 accredited. ICANN and Nominet Registrar. Established 1995.

I usually try to stay away from using the in fear of customers forgetting to add it and ending up at a competitor.