Please help with platform

Hi.
    I need to do some site. What language is appropriate for this (JAVA, PHP or ASP). I am beginner programmer but I look for best decision. Please help.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by tester_geniusd
    Hi.
    I need to do some site. What language is appropriate for this (JAVA, PHP or ASP). I am beginner programmer but I look for best decision. Please help.

Thank you.
    Java is fancy.......slow loading.........

If you are building a website for the purposes of making ungawdly amounts of money, then I would suggest highly that you keep it light in the use of java scripting *of any kind.

.PHP in a secondary directory with .htm or .html in the front end, pointing to your.php using "absolute links".

Bots have always had trouble with *variables and chances are they always will.

We set up our clients in this fashion, and many are listed in just days, sometimes even before we've completed the optimization process.

.ASP would be fine I suppose, but in any number of ways, .PHP could be a prefered choice.

Either way though........don't run just straight dynamics.......give the bots something they can use by way of .htm in the parent directory.

Server software stability comes to mind when considering PHP.

.ASP could be alright, but Windows Server has many more issues than Linux, in that Windows Server gets broken into much more often than Linux.

Young hackster techno geeks aren't real interested in taking the time that's needed to learn *command line.......actually, they just aren't that bright. So Windows Server is their prefered target at just about any level when it comes to their attempting to compromise security.

Windows Server GUI makes it so much easier to screw things up as well, if you don't know what you're doing. Some say Windows Server is easier. It is more expensive as a whole, and though it is easier as far as config is concerned for the end user, it is also easier for the would be hacks.

If you want stability, optimal performance and good security........Linux should be your first choice.

You can always go with your clients requirement.
    PHP rocks now a days its faster n its quite easy to setup. Asp.net is also boomin u can get in all windows hosting.

Java (JSP) is bit costlier almost double and it takes time to load pages.. so not good

I can say better go for Linux... its cheap n faster n easy to use
    Cheap Affordable and reliable small business shared and reseller web hosting - www.seoindiawebhosting.com

Arrow I Hope so, it Helps

Quote Originally Posted by tester_geniusd
    I need to do some site.
    What's the type of site? you're going to develop.

For Multi-Tier Architecture projects JAVA will help.
    For E-Commerce and other sites PHP rocks. ASP also do well but only for Windows.

Stick with Linux for Perl, PHP, Python...go to Windows if you want to use ASP or ASP.net.

Tom

You can...

Hello,

Please note that you can choose the language for the developing of your site as you like because all these language has some advantages and some good features. All these languages are good for the site developing.
    Thank You,

Web Hosting Innovations
    Windows Web Hosting - Windows & Linux Web Hosting Solutions.
    Website Hosting - Free Website Hosting.
    "Web Hosting Made Easy"

maybe you should try PHP it is easy to use...
    Last edited by Allenhan; 07-10-2006 at 03:54 AM.

It really depends on what you are trying to do. For a site, simple HTML would work. However if you are doing more complicated tasks, it may be a wise idea to use php.

Advantage of PHP is that there is really lot of free software available for download. ASP / ASP.NET are 2 languages really different. You'll need a Windows server with ASP.NET and it is really more expensive than a linux server.

PHP is good to start your first scripts and you'll find a large community to help you on the internet.

sample directory of script (free/ and commercial) : hotscripts.com / scripts.com and many more
    Affordable Webhosting start at $3.99 - http://www.oec-llc.com
    Sell & Buy domain name : http://www.4advertise.com
    Cheap domain name registration $9.99 - http://www.oec-llc.com

Use ASP.net it is fairly easy. If you really want easiest one. Choose dotnetnuke, it is a portal... even the non programmer can create a website