Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    your services related keyword should be included in the domain.

You should choose the domain that can be easily remembered and easy to spell and short

Quote Originally Posted by alferd1 View Post
    One of the key advantages of a hyphenated domain name is that it is nearly as good as an exact match domain name for SEO purposes. If your only goal is to rank on search engines, hyphenated domains can be a good buy and a good SEO strategy.
    Agree, I spend huge time on marketing and still I can't beat hyphenated domain.

His site is always in Top #1 rank..

For multiple works or you're not sure that you want to use your domain for hosting purpose or blogging purpose then use other name(not hyphenated domain name.)
    Affordable Web Hosting
    Shared Hosting - CDN - Instant Setup - Location in US/UK/EU/AU/CA

Yes but domain age comes with time. I think the idea behind the site is more important. Twitter and Facebook had no domain age but still they made it.

It would not matter much in terms of SEO. You can choose one or the other. But I prefer the version without the hyphen, because it is easy to remember and write with ease. Also, if you choose the coupe version, you can lose a lot of traffic because of typographical errors. If you have a budget, is part of a version of the script and the script does not run

I read somewhere sometime ago that sub.domain.com will index higher than domain.com/sub.

I choose keywords for the site will not quite, can you tell me?

I find it difficult to choose a domain name. So much has been purchased. I do not have to rely on. I e. Net domain names.

good thread,thx a lot

but not all the keywords are in url then how to manage the condition.

It wouldn't matter much in terms of SEO. You can choose either one. But I'd prefer non-hyphenated version because its easy to remember and easy to type. Also if you choose hyphenated version, you might lose a lot of traffic because of typos. If you have a budget, register both and redirect hyphenated version to non-hyphenated one

I find it difficult to choose a new domain name. So many are purchased. I have to use either a .me or a .net one.

I agree domain age is one of the factor,which affect ranking, but its not that much , if one works hard, can attain the top position in search engines.

In order to get high ranking in search engines your choice should be keyword based domains. They are very good for SOE service.

Search engine is give the lots of importance to the domain and the related content, so,it is important to chose the right domain.If you have a big marketing war chest then choosing a unique domain name will not be so much an issue.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast