There are a number of good reasons for having a domain name:

There are a number of good reasons for having a domain name:
    • If you change your web hosting, domain name goes with you. Regular visitors or customers who knew the name of www thesitewizard com site (for example) do not need to understand the changes of the Web (also known as "URL"). Enter the domain name, and may be the new site.
    • If you are a business, a domain name gives you credibility. Few people are willing to do business with a company that does not have its own domain name.
    • If you receive a domain name that describes the company's business or the name that people can easily remember the name and can return to the site without having access to their documents. In fact, if you get a good name that describes the product or service, you may also get people who are trying their luck typing "www.yourproductname.com" in your browser.
    • If you want good sponsors (advertisers) to its website, a domain name is often helpful. It tends to give your site an aura of respectibility.
    Registration Overview
    Get a domain name is to register the name you want, with an organization called ICANN, through a domain registration. For example, if you choose a name like "example.com", you need to go to a registrar, registration fee, which costs about U.S. $ 10 to $ 35 for the name. It will give you the proper name for one year and you have to renew every year (usually) the same amount each year.
    Some web servers will register and pay for the name of free (as in general commercial web hosting), while others do it for you, but you must pay the registration fee.
    My personal preference is to register the name directly with a registrar of domain name instead of my host. I've heard stories in the past, the site contains less-than-a reputation that has registered the domain name under his own name, which makes the owner of the domain instead of what (I do not know if these web hosts still exist today). Registration in a registry allows me to ensure I am registered as owner contact, administrative and technical. Owning is essential - if someone moves to its owner (host), you can still decide to charge exorbitant fees to use the name later, and there is little you can do. Several other contacts are less critical, but can still play an important role, depending on your registrar. For example, some registrars, the approval of the administrative contact is required before a domain name is transferred to a host (or at least what used to be).
    Domain names are disappearing very quickly. Many people say that all good domain names have disappeared. I doubt that - but it is probably true that most domain names that are descriptive of the goods and services have been taken. If you want a domain name for your site, I suggest you act now or face the anguish of having lost the name later. After all, USA $ 10 (more or less) for the property than a year that the name is quite cheap when you realize you're cornering a good name for your website.
    Step By Step Instructions

If you wish to register a domain, here's what you should do. Please read it before acting.
    • Think of some domain names as you want. He will not think of one - it may already be taken (it probably is!). You can find tips on choosing a good domain name for my article, advice on choosing a domain name to http : // www thesitewizard com / archive / domainname shtml
    There is more to it than meets the eye.
    • You must use a credit card or PayPal account to pay for the domain. It is a requirement in most if not all offices. This will allow you to call and get the domain name immediately after application. This is not an option (unfortunately).
    • If you already have a hosting provider to get the names of the primary nameserver and secondary. Do not worry if you do not understand what these things mean. Simply save the information somewhere. General information can be obtained from their FAQ and other documents on its website, usually in a category such as "domain name" or "DNS" or "transfer of the domain name", etc.. If you do find, send them by email. You need the information to point your domain name to your website after buying your domain name. Do not worry if you do not have a web host yet. I just read on.
    • If you do not have a hosting provider, you can always let the registrar for you to park your domain name on a temporary site specially created for you. This way, you can quickly get your domain name before it is too late and still take time to develop other aspects of your site. As far as I can tell, most of the registrars (or probably all) automatically park your domain by default, if you ask them or not, if this is your case, you probably do not need to do something special to get there. Some of these registrars also give you an e-mail for free on your own domain name while it is parked on their site, as sales @ example com (where example com is your domain).

There is great list of good reasons for having a domain name. Nice sharing.
    Thanks for this post.

for me a good name is important for SEO... you should choose something that will be the main keyword