Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ffmpeg / video hosting

If you want to start a video upload website you need new technologies such as: ffmpeg, mencoder, mplayer, flvtool2. Anyone knows which hosting providers are the best out there?
    Cheers

Registered User GardnerBulkeley's Avatar
    There are many hosting companies which offer support for the required applications. Could you specify the server location that you are willing to have so that you can be suggested with a few company names.
    It would be recommended that you opt for a dedicated server, a cloud server or a high end VPS, depending on your requirement, as ffmpeg, mencoder, mplayer, flvtool2 can be provided on a Linux based dedicated server, cloud server or a VPS.
    eUKhost : UK Web hosting | eNlight Cloud Hosting | Linux VPS hosting | UK Dedicated Hosting
    Join the Best Web Hosting Affiliate Program for Free & Earn up to £400!!

I believe you need reputable host with high performance and stability.
    I know interactiveonline is offering such services with helpful support for a reasonable prices

If you are looking for hosting videos, I would recommend you to opt for a Dedicated server. Video streaming requires lots of bandwidth, good amount of RAM and fast connectivity and a Dedicated server has all these features. So a Dedicated server would be the best option to host videos

In my opinion, glowhost.com will be the best place to order hosting packages at, the thing is that this host has specialization in delivering ffmpeg/video hosting solutions.
    Use the code (2freemonths) and get 2 months for free.

Think you may have the decent service from such companies as hostingsource.com and santrex.net which have good stability demonstrated and even have specialized accounts for streaming sites

Glowhost.com is pretty cool.

Choosing the right kind of web hosting service can be a very daunting task - try to find as much as possible sings of reliability of the host.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Think serverpoint hosting will solve all your issues.
    The have supported multimedia on their server and prices are quite modest.

Quote Originally Posted by klimm View Post
    Think serverpoint hosting will solve all your issues.
    The have supported multimedia on their server and prices are quite modest.
    I am thankful for recommending us.

To OP,

Feel free to contact me directly - I'll be glad to explain you everything you need to know.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

I suppose that you should compare solutions and choose the best fit. I support interactiveonline.com services, you will get reasonable deals with skilful support. You can use coupon SAVE25 to get 25% off
    Hey! It's That Guy!

GLOWHOST.com will be the best choice of web host suitable for your needs. I believe this company is flexible and stable enough to satisfy all your specific requirements and keep your web sites always online.
    Don't hesitate to contact them.

Agree about santrex.net. This company has specialized accounts which could be reasonable for the streaming of any type.

May also suggest looking up the deals of webintellects.com hosting provider.

I suggest you to use any good hosting with ffmpeg support + any cloud solution for video.

I think that ffmpeg script should be hosted at fast server with stable plans such as Hosticon.com. Their services are really quality and uptime is high, you wont regret of using them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast