New to this, but having fun!

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, as well as being new to reseller hosting. I've just started and finding out as much as I can about the industry.

I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has any suggestions or advice for someone so new? I already have my reseller account, which I find to be quite good as it doesn't cost you anything upfront. I'm not sure what the rules are about leaving names, so for now I'll not say who I'm dealing with. I personally think it's a great little program and is a wonderful way to make some extra cash.

If it's ok to post links, I'll do so (Don't want to get in trouble on my first post!).

Anyhow - whats your advice to someone so green? how did you go about advertisting etc?

Thanks so much in advance!

Wink Advertise advertise advertise

Well lets just say that when you first get going it'l be more of a hobby than a business. The Internet is FLOODED with hosting Companies and reseelers of. To play the game it'l be SEO (Search Engine Optimization) all the way.

Advertising on Google will cost you a pretty penny just to get ppeople to goto your website much less by something there.

About every 3 month the search engines change ranking of pages, I dont know why but it just seems to happen, Mostly because people stop doing SEO to there pages, and slowly degenerate.

i Started about 2 years ago and now have my own servers 2 of em now. hopefully in another 2 years I'll have about 30 or more.

Well anyways back to the topic any tips
    *Keep on Top of the Game
    *Allways be looking for ways to lower your cost's
    *look for a hosting Company that will allow you to resell your own space allowing you to keep 100% of the revenue.
    * SEO all the time baby. I spend far more time on My own site than all my customers put together. and I'm still loosing the game.

Well I dont know if thats the advice you wanted but there ya go.

Arrow Hope this Helps

Set up your own Ideal Reseller Hosting Plans keep up a few things in mind,

1) How much support do I want to offer my resellers. Are you going to support their client's or not? If you plan on being competitive and realistic then I would recommend not supporting them directly but teach your resellers how to answer the support questions.

2) What type of system do i want to offer? H-Sphere system has the most robust system to allow you to offer the most complete and competitive reseller plans available. Also with H-Sphere you can offer reseller plans with both Windows and Unix.

3) Don't sell you self short! Make sure you price your plans so that you can still afford a support team and system software. I have seen a few hosting companies trying to be competitive and now they are out of business or leasing software from others because they could not afford system software.

Cpanel is another great system but for reseller systems, I would highly recommend checking out psoft.net for both hosting companies that offer reseller plans and resellers looking for a complete private label system.

Promotion and Advertising

Promote free of cost by,

- actively participating in the related forums
    - providing your plans, services and profile in various related directories
    - submitting your offers and classifieds in the related advertising forums, sites and directories

This should get you started in the right direction.

Good Luck!

Wow!

Thanks so much for the advice. I really appreciate it. I realize getting into Hosting is jumping into an already saturated market, but it's something I wanted to try. I don't expect to make millions (a few hundred would be nice LOL). My plan is to start of small and see where it goes, without investing too much into it.

There are a LOT of directories out there, and link exchanges. I guess the main thing is to make yourself memorable to others so that when the time comes and they need hosting/web space, they'll think of you first.

Thanks again for the suggestions!!!

Well its really gr8 to see your work and interest in hosting business. Yes as efxpros said... this great world of WWW is full of Resellers and sub-sub-sub-resellers.
    But u can still survive on if you can make peanuts out of it... because Hosting business is booming and you can sell it like hot cakes...

But better take care of your support team and you can win this race and then u can get your Site as one of the Top Hosts (^_^ Every1' Dreamz For that ô¿ô )

Good luck for ya business
    Cheap Affordable and reliable small business shared and reseller web hosting - www.seoindiawebhosting.com

First get as much back links to your website as you can, if possible from tech related websites. Post to web forums, which allow you to have signature in your posts and link to your site from these signatures. Be ready to move to dedicated server as soon as you can cover the costs, as this will save you a lot of trouble down the road.

Good luck!

try looking at host promoter to get submitted to some directories.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhostpro
    try looking at host promoter to get submitted to some directories.

Take this back! they dont exist anymore

Smile aquahosting.co.uk

Just post your advert everywhere like free clasifieds search that on googleand do them all! lol

Also; get your company registered! You don't want to face the fines if you get caught.
    http://www.galaxy-solutions.net

Galaxy-Solutions
    1-888-751-0100 ext. 52
    Dedicated Servers Starting from only $24.99/month

Quote Originally Posted by GalaxySolutions
    Also; get your company registered! You don't want to face the fines if you get caught.
    Depending on what country he lives in he might be able to work as a sole proprietor, without registering a company.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhostpro
    Take this back! they dont exist anymore
    I think they still do. Go to host promoter.net

--Adrian
    IceStorm.com - Web Hosting and Reseller Services since 1997.
    Why IceStorm? Two Words: Proven Reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by icestorm
    I think they still do. Go to host promoter.net

--Adrian
    Nice lead saved it...

having your own server is very fun and educational too if you like these type things but you will go in the hole for a lil bit. It is purely a hobby for me and a friend and to host our own projects for free.
    I dont know if we will ever break even or not but I couldnt imagine being without a server
    SecureServerTech - Secure, fast, and affordable hosting. Offering DirectAdmin and Cpanel hosting & resellers. Fully Dos and Ddos protected

Quote Originally Posted by Inertia
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum, as well as being new to reseller hosting. I've just started and finding out as much as I can about the industry.

I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has any suggestions or advice for someone so new? I already have my reseller account, which I find to be quite good as it doesn't cost you anything upfront. I'm not sure what the rules are about leaving names, so for now I'll not say who I'm dealing with. I personally think it's a great little program and is a wonderful way to make some extra cash.

If it's ok to post links, I'll do so (Don't want to get in trouble on my first post!).

Anyhow - whats your advice to someone so green? how did you go about advertisting etc?

Thanks so much in advance!
    for resellers you can alwasy visit www.webhostingtalk.com they have great source about resellers

hope this help