Blogspot to Wordpress

I have a blogspot blog and I want to move to my own domain using wordpress. How do I go about doing this? The blog is relatively new but I'm thinking it would be better to start on my own as early as possible.

I want to know if there's an easy way to do this without much affecting my readers and my visitor count from search engines. I don't know much about technical stuff but would you recommend a general shared hosting or one that specializes on hosting wordpress blogs? is there a difference?

Thanks.

Considering to move from Blogger/Blogspot to Wordpress? good. From an SEO perspective I can't stress enough how important it is...

Thanks for the reply heart. That's what I was thinking as well. I found this after searching in google for the nth time about my issue:

http://www.labnol.org/internet/switc...ordpress/9707/
    i don't know if the method mentioned in the post will still work seeing that it was written in 2009.

My other question is, is there a difference between a normal web host vs a webhost that specializes in hosting wordpress? It might make sense to go to a host specializes in wordpress. but it costs more than regular hosts ive seen so far and im thinking that a webhost saying they specialize in wordpress is only doing it for marketing purposes. thoughts?

My other question is, is there a difference between a normal web host vs a webhost that specializes in hosting wordpress?
    I believe that specialization means that the provider knows how to keep everything working..
    Choose time-tested and trusted web host.. compare all possible options.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Hi,

This one should help you migrate your existing Blogspot website to WordPress: http://ourtimes.wordpress.com/2008/0...nto-wordpress/

Best of luck!
    Jolly Works Hosting - Redefining affordable web hosting
    ██ Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Hosting | Domain | Website Builder and Design
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7x365 Helpdesk Support, Phoenix NAP Data Center, AZ, USA
    Join our Affiliate Program! Recurring commissions, $20 payout, and more!

Thanks for the links, I've been thinking of moving my blog to wordpress and this has helped.

Wordpress hosting is optimized to deliver you higher performance so sometimes hosts are raising price on it but if you want combination of reliability and optimization I suggest you to try Jolly Works Hosting wordpress hosting solutions which are cheap and stable

I support jollyworkshosting.com suggested name as perfect fit for wordpress hosting with their quality solutions and affordable prices, you will get all you need