Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

difference between Ecommerce Hosting and Hosting

what is the difference between Ecommerce Hosting and Regular Hosting can any one give me the best reason for that..
    By Adrian Kawa
    SEO Company

If the server supports databases, web applications and payment gateway integration you can host the e-commerce applications.

I thought they can be the same? If you install Wordpress and Ecommerce plugin, that's an online store right? And you don't need any special hosting spec...

There is not much difference between E-commerce packages and Regular Hosting packages. But while selecting a host for E-commerce website, the end user has to be very careful because he is relying on the hosting provider for his Online business. So if even the website goes down due to Hosting provider fault, the end user is at loss and he has to suffer a lot in terms of money. So you should look for a Reliable and Secured hosting provider who has 99.9% Guaranteed uptime.

Registered User GardnerBulkeley's Avatar
    One of the major differences, I think would be is that, the ecommerce host is PCI certified..
    eUKhost : UK Web hosting | eNlight Cloud Hosting | Linux VPS hosting | UK Dedicated Hosting
    Join the Best Web Hosting Affiliate Program for Free & Earn up to £400!!

Web Hosting include Free domain name, custom e-mail. Site building tools and disk space allow you to build a website on your domain name and E-commerce hosting include Web hosting + ecommerce capabilities such as a product catalog, shopping cart, and order management.

Establishment of an online business involves making many decisions. One of the key factors you should consider the construction and maintenance of your site. Effectively represented in the online business website. It is, therefore, that any decision is taken must be carefully weighed and examined. Even before the site up and running there are many challenges that present themselves to you, especially if you are a novice in the world of online trading.

Ecommerce hosting should provide you with merchant accounts, payment gateways and probably a built in shopping cart. You can get ecommerce applications to host on regular hosting as well, but ecommerce hosting should make it easy for newbies to start selling.
    Looking for Cloud Hosting? Get some MediaTemple Coupons
    Shared Hosting? Get some MyHosting Promo Code Or Hostmonster Coupon

It is all about the provider's technologies and ability to support applications and other commercial stuff.

Also the reliability is important. Quality eCommerce hosting is possible at such providers as serverpoint.com and hostingsource.com. These are what I know to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatrazz View Post
    It is all about the provider's technologies and ability to support applications and other commercial stuff.

Also the reliability is important. Quality eCommerce hosting is possible at such providers as serverpoint.com and hostingsource.com. These are what I know to be good.
    Did you receive any services from serverpoint?

Did you receive any services from serverpoint?
    I did. It weren't eCommerce related, but still it is really a great experience right at the very beginning of my career and online activity. serverpoint is great, I agree.

Depends on what you are calling E-commerce hosting. Used to E-commerce hosting meant that you had a dedicated appliance type hosting from Miva Merchant or similar. Now any hosting account with a SSL can be a E-commerce site. There are still a lot of companies that put out true E-commerce platforms that meet PCI Compliance and such though. I think the simple answer to your question though is yes you can put in the plugin and a SSL and run it on any site that gives you a dedicated IP for the SSL.
    vpswebserver.com - Windows VPS hosting by VPSWebServer.com √ Dedicated hardware √ MS Hyper-V technology

I am not sure, I also want to know the answer.....

In e commerce hosting database support Payment gateway and other feature to manage your products.

according to me,
    E-commerce website, enduser has to be careful for relying on his Online business.
    Web Hosting is Free domain name, Site building, disk space allow to build website on domain name.
    Miramar Capital

Miramar Capital gives news about financial tips, investment news and knowledge of the expectations and needs of each investor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast