Domain grace period

Hi everyone,
    I want to know how long is grace period of domain, i mean for how long after domain expired just its registrant can renew it?
    we had a domain that was on our reseller account and after 34 days after it expired registrar transfered it to another account with them and domain is not belong to us, i want to know if registrars could do this?

Any server hold a domain for 40 days after it expires. You have 30 days grace period to renew the domain at the regular price, but you cannot transfer it. During the last 10 days of our 40-day holding period, an expired domain may be sold at auction if you have not renewed it before that time. If you do not renew the domain within the grace period and it is not sold at auction, the domain will be sent to the central registry for deletion.

It seems you lost your domain by 4 days.

During the last 10 days of our 40-day holding period