Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post CMS Vs Web Development

Hi !

CMS Vs Web Development:

The most important aspect of being a successful webmaster and online business owner is creating user friendly and informative web pages. After all, internet user comes to your website to find useful information or resources, or to possibly purchase a product or service. Either way, you’ll need to ensure that site navigation is simplified and user-friendly in every way possible in order to maximize conversion rates and turn site visitors into customers and/or long-term clients. Of course, there are many ways to accomplish this; you can create basic HTML web pages, or you can utilize a content management system to automatically generate template-based pages. Here is some information to help you to decide which method would be most effective.

Saving Money and Time

Through utilizing a CMS rather than manually creating HTML pages, you not only save a lot of time, you will also eliminate the need to pay a professional programmer to provide ongoing assistance and maintenance. You can easily invest the amount of money saved into new websites and online business endeavors. The content management system like WordPress it is possible to create an entire website within just a couple of minutes using predesigned templates.

Overall Site Performance

By using a CMS you’ll not only save time and money, you’ll also increase your overall web development capabilities and enhance the functionality of your websites in general. CMS can be expanded instantly with the addition of plugins. These plugins can aid in a variety of webmaster tasks, including search engine optimization, content organization, and even automated website promotion. Not only will your capabilities as a webmaster be improved, but the capabilities of your visitors in relation to site navigation can also be enhanced.

Customization Capabilities

CMS allow you to use templates that automatically change the design of all pages on your site, without changing the content of the pages. Thus, it is possible to customize your site to your likings by repeatedly applying different templates and previewing them within the backend interface of the CMS. You can even tweak individual themes by going into the theme editor of your content management system and making slight adjustments to the CSS stylesheet. Optionally, you can utilize one of the many user-friendly theme design applications available, which let you utilize drag-and-drop and point-and-click functionality to create your own custom themes.

The type of web style will be established by the dimension the area and the particular needs of clients.CMS-based websites allow you to add eliminate or modify the items of several places and make it easy to modify a website without problems.This indicates that individuals can no training in web style to add or eliminate development of the website, how they want to modify without career as a developer for everyone.

CMS is the one that best serves both your goals and the needs of your site visitors while also producing pages that are SEO friendly, meet World Wide Web consortium standards, use semantic HTML and support accessibility.

Much of the content is out-of-date or inaccurate, it’s hard to find things, updating the site is complex, and the appearance is becoming dated.

Worse yet, you’ve lost track of all the pages on the site, and by having all the changes made by your skilled webmaster, the updates are piling up in their in-tray.

Content Management Systems have become one the internet’s most powerful web developer tools since PHP.
    In a market where websites need to be built faster and easier, many developers are turning to Open Source CMS to get the job done. Unfortunately there are now thousands of CMS’s floating around the web and finding the right one has become somewhat of an ordeal.

Ok, first do not categorize CMS with Wordpress. Not all CMS systems are like WordPress and WordPress is not like all other professionally used CMS systems. (And I am speaking with regard to what you said about templates.)
    Robert Williams, Owner
    Williams Web Solutions
    www.WWSHosting.net
    info@williamswebsolutions.net

#1 in Business-Class Website and E-mail Hosting, #1 in Professional Web Development and #1 in Online Marketing (SEO/SEM). Switch to see why many choose Williams Web Solutions every day for business success.

Again...not all CMS have built in templates. You can add templates and you are correct. PHP, though, is not the only flavor that can do this. .net has been doing this for years (Sitefinity is a perfect example).
    Robert Williams, Owner
    Williams Web Solutions
    www.WWSHosting.net
    info@williamswebsolutions.net

#1 in Business-Class Website and E-mail Hosting, #1 in Professional Web Development and #1 in Online Marketing (SEO/SEM). Switch to see why many choose Williams Web Solutions every day for business success.

As a user, I have always loved small and very user-friendly websites. Small, non-CMS websites are usually customized to be as user friendly as possible. The term friendliness depends on average user and the purpose of the website. Most popular CMSes are designed to be used for website containing lots of information on them. They can be customized, that's for sure (I have worked with Joomla, which is the most flexible CMS out there, I believe, for a while), but it takes time. I think every web-developer, who REALLY wants to make his/her website user-friendly, should either look for some more specialized (or make it be like that - put some effort) for your users' needs or make your own mini CMS (which may grow into a huge, fully functioning CMS) for controlling the website.

Right now I am making a website that may have been done in CMS like Joomla and I believe that there are some CMSes made for pretty much what I need but I like making my own, very specialized CMS for exactly what my website needs. Took me 2 or 3 evenings just to make the bones for it and now I just expand it by adding more and more content. That's not much, I believe. User friendliness and efficiency is what I care about the most

As per my knowledge about CMS and web development; it’s not a different thing. Web development is a category and CMS is management of website differently. Keep it up!!!

thanks guys, very informative
    Eat online revolutionary ordering system for restaurants

Now a days web developer are developing websites using CMS more because these CMS are very well developed for managing all contents of websites very easily. Using CMS, website development cost will also reduced.
    Last edited by phpindia; 10-13-2012 at 06:07 AM.

According to me,CMS is the best for eCommerce web design and development and web development is overall type of web development. In CMS we use free open source platforms like Magento, Joomla, wordpress etc and in web development, we use programming language and software.

Quote Originally Posted by evantanski View Post
    CMS is the one that best serves both your goals and the needs of your site visitors while also producing pages that are SEO friendly, meet World Wide Web consortium standards, use semantic HTML and support accessibility.
    I am totally agree with your thoughts about the CMS gives a lot for Web development area to help website get crawled by Google very easily because its a SEO friendly.

All CMS do not have templates included. You are correct these can be added. It is not only via PHP that you can do this. For years .net is doing it. (a perfect example of this is Sitefinity).

A web content management (WCM) system is a CMS designed to simplify the publication of web content to web sites and mobile devices— in particular, allowing content creators to create, submit and manage contents WPL or Markup Languages such as HTML or the uploading of files.
    360social.ae : Dubai # No 1 SEO Company
    Web Design Services : Online Advertising Dubai ,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast