Smile A few questions about servers capabilities

Hello,
    If you can please answer me from your experience, how many hosting packages can i put on an IBM eServer X306, a link:
    http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/xseries/x306.html

Assuming that some sites use more resources and some less, and without considering storage size, only memory and CPU resources, from your experience, how many clients can i store on this server with Pentium 4 3.2Ghz HT 2MB, 4GB DDR memory and a SCSI drive, and what connection in Mb/sec do i need for that number of clients?

Second question, with a SUN Fire X2100:
    http://ezmail.bynetsoft.co.il/Avnet/...0datasheet.pdf

How many gaming servers can i run on it on the same time? lets say the popular games today are Counter strike, Joint operarions etc...that kind..

With about 16 slots each, how many gaming servers can i run on this machine and what connection do you recommend?

I understand you can't give accurate numbers, i know, i just asking for a large assumption so i'll know where i stand, thanks for you help!

Wink

Hello,

I can give you suggestion for 1st question only. As I am working for hosting firm. I am handling Windows Server with approx the same config server. You can host the max 400 domains on the IIS at server with windows 2x Server.

However, about bandwidth you can assign to the user according to the user as per the requirement. Bandwidth depends on your resources availibitilty and business capability.

Hope it helps you.

Jack
    Innovaties
    Thank You,

Web Hosting Innovations
    Windows Web Hosting - Windows & Linux Web Hosting Solutions.
    Website Hosting - Free Website Hosting.
    "Web Hosting Made Easy"