Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is ROUTER?

What is ROUTER?

A device, transfers the data packets between networks. A router is connected to at least two networks, commonly two LANs or WANs or a LAN and its ISP’s network. Routers are located at gateways, the places where two or more networks connect.

Routers use headers and forwarding tables to determine the best path for forwarding the packets and they use protocols such as ICMP to communicate with each other and configure the best route between any two hosts. Very little filtering of data is done through routers.
    Thank You,

Web Hosting Innovations
    Windows Web Hosting - Windows & Linux Web Hosting Solutions.
    Website Hosting - Free Website Hosting.
    "Web Hosting Made Easy"

It all makes sense now!

really does
    Nkom - Sales Rep
    damir.g@nkommunikation.com
    www.nkommunikation.com
    SHARED - DEDICATED - COLO

Thanks for information!

well do you have any good source on a good wireless router? i looking for one now... thanks

Ya there are many types of routers available in market.I am currently having a WiFI router and its main function is to connect my computers net with my mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by loon View Post
    well do you have any good source on a good wireless router? i looking for one now... thanks
    I still see people frequently having problems with wireless routers, despite the fact the technology has improved. But I suppose it all depends on what you want to do with it. If it's for home use, streaming a movie from a networked drive will cause you problems because it just isn't as stable as wired.
    Quality European Web Hosting - LDHosting.com
    High Quality, Low Cost Web Hosting Services
    www.ldhosting.com

on internet router is a device or in some cases it's a software in a computer,that determines the next network point to which the packets are to be forwarded...........
    in other words router si a device that forwards data packets along networks.
    wireless broadband routers look much the same as a wired router....

Routers connect two or more logical subnets, which do not necessarily map one-to-one to the physical interfaces of the router.[1] The term "layer 3 switch" often is used interchangeably with router, but switch is a general term without a rigorous technical definition. In marketing usage, it is generally optimized for Ethernet LAN interfaces and may not have other physical interface types. In comparison, a network hub does not do any routing, instead every packet it receives on one network line gets forwarded to all the other network lines.

if you want to use 2 or more PC's at a time and connects to internet.. then you can use router

Hi,

A router is an Intermediate System (IS) which operates at the network layer of the OSI reference model. Routers may be used to connect two or more IP networks, or an IP network to an internet connection.

John

ETGEAR's WGR614NA Cable/DSL 54Mbps Wireless Router Gateway expands access to the Internet with great security features. This easy-to-use device with 4 wired ports and up to 16, 2.4GHz wireless clients allows up to 253 users

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Cody View Post
    ETGEAR's WGR614NA Cable/DSL 54Mbps Wireless Router Gateway expands access to the Internet with great security features. This easy-to-use device with 4 wired ports and up to 16, 2.4GHz wireless clients allows up to 253 users
    may i ask how much is that?is it expensive?

A router is a networking device whose software and hardware are usually tailored to the tasks of routing and forwarding information. For example, on the Internet, information is directed to various paths by routers.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast