Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is ROUTER?

Nowadays, more and more people as well as establishments are taking advantage of the usefulness of a router.

companies are really in need of routers, specially on computer budget

A Router is a device or, in some cases, software in a computer, that determines the next network point to which a packet should be forwarded toward its destination. The router is connected to at least two networks and decides which way to send each information packet based on its current understanding of the state of the networks it is connected to....

Quote Originally Posted by Jenie0109 View Post
    companies are really in need of routers, specially on computer budget
    You are right.
    At the same time as for a company it is better for building LANS and sharing information.
    HostEase Web Hosting - Professional Web Hosting
    SoftLayer Datacenter and 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    24/7/365 Technical Support
    Support Center|Call us at (302)-353-4678.

Now third layer Switches also exist, any idea which is better in network Router or Switch?
    Dedicated Servers India
    Best Deal in VPS hosting , Linux VPS hosting
    24x7 support with 99.9 % Uptime guarantee Reseller Hosting

well ,

A router is a device or , in some cases , software in a computer , that determines the next network point to which a packet .........................

A router basically assigns an address to everything connected to it and tells it where everything is and by what rules it has to play by to communicate with anything that interacts with it. You can use the firewall in it just like a firewall on your PC to block or limit access to and from the internet or even to other pc's connected to it. At the same time, it allows multiple computers to access the internet using a single public IP address. Without a router, you would normally only get one computer per connection.

A router is a device in computer networking that forwards data packets to their destinations, based on their addresses. The work a router does it called routing, which is somewhat like switching, but a router is different from a switch. The latter is simply a device to connect machines to form a LAN.

Smile

The router is connected to at least two networks and decides which way to send each information packet based on its current understanding of the state of the networks it is connected to. A router is located at any gateway (where one network meets another), including each point-of-presence on the Internet. A router is often included as part of a network switch.

General Hardware Forum Discuss, Home network. Router,hub or switch? at Computer Hardware forum; I have a pc and a notebook and i share internet with a crossover cable rj 45. If i buy another pc what is the cheapest and easy way to make my home network, so i can share internet with my cable modem.

Now i know exactly what a router really is. thanks for the comments. I have a router at home but never knew so mush about it

Quote Originally Posted by timothy1238 View Post
    Now i know exactly what a router really is. thanks for the comments. I have a router at home but never knew so mush about it
    Would you mind use UCP for signature?
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Every one know basics about router here. can you explain deep functionalities of it.

Hey dude, I know about router, please share what is latest series of router?
    Thanks in advance.

how do i configure a router? I have seen steps on the net but I'm not really familiar with it. Do you guys have a simple steps on how to do it?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast