Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: What is ROUTER?

Router is a small physical device that join numerous networks together. A router is a 3 layer gateway device which means it connect to two or more networks at the same time. Home networks normally use a wireless or wired internet router. In other words, we can say that router is a mediator which is used for transferring the important information or data from one place to another.

Router has so many symbol but here which router talking about.

A router is a device that forwards data packets along networks. If your wireless router or access point has the QSS (Quick Security Setup) or called WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) function and your computer with Windows 7 .
    Last edited by jameskamroon1; 11-12-2014 at 05:14 AM.

Hi friends,
    Router is networking hardware device. It is you to transfers the data packets to correct destination path.

Thank you.

A router[a] is a networking device that forwards data packets between computer networks. Routers perform the traffic directing functions on the Internet. A data packet is typically forwarded from one router to another through the networks that constitute the internetwork until it reaches its destination node.

A router is a device that analyzes the contents of data packets transmitted within a network or to another network.

It is a electronic devices that join multiple computer networks together via either wired or wireless connections.

A router is a device that analyzes the contents of data packets transmitted within a network or to another network.

A router is a hardware device designed to receive, analyze and move incoming packets to another network.

It is a device by which we can wireless ly transfer inter to or phones and laptops. It is a very common device now a days. Every house has one as all of us use internet from broad band network. The most common routers are Tp link, Tenda, Netgearss etc.
    Photographer and Retoucher at background removal service helps ecommerce owners and commercial photographers edit their product photos that increase online sells.

A router is a physical or virtual appliance that passes information between two or more packet-switched computer networks. A router inspects a given data packet's destination Internet Protocol address (IP address), calculates the best way for it to reach its destination and then forwards it accordingly.

Oryon Networks | Singapore Web Hosting | Best web hosting provider | Best web hosting in SG | Oryon india | Best hosting in India |Web hosting in India | Oryon SG

Router is a device which directs the packets or data to their destination.

For example:

There is a wifi(a router) and 5 devices are connected to it. Now,first device request the google.com and second request facebook.com and same way others too. So the respective servers will send their data. The data will reach at router and from there it is directed to the the devices.

Second example(analogy):

Suppose you are data and you want to reach my home and you have my address. So you reached my society but you dont know where my house is. You saw the gatekeeper of my society and asked him where the particular house no is located. And he directs you to my house. Hence you reached my house. Here gatekeeper acted as router.

An example of a router is a mail carrier. An example of a router is a woodworking tool. An example of a router is computer hardware that transfers Internet messages to a laptop in another room; a wireless router.

Routers can also provide security. Embedded firewall and content filtering software provide an additional protection from unwanted content and malicious websites without affecting your online experience.

The router is exactly the thing that gives the Internet. I was looking for a good option the other day so that it would serve me not just for one day but for a long enough amount of time. That is why I searched the Internet for articles that would indicate the best gaming routers. I was lucky to find exactly the model that is high-quality, good and powerful enough for my games to load quickly. If you are also on the search I think it will be useful for you to read this article and choose the best option
    Last edited by chrisbarett; 10-10-2020 at 09:16 AM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast