Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Firewalls

Firewalls

what are the Types of Firewalls?

I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!
    I often write a blog, I really admire your content. Article really peaks my interest. I want to bookmark your site and keep checking new new information
    Useful information ..I am very happy to read this article.

Firewalls differ in the resistance provided against DDOS. Some firewalls can handle the attack upto 10 mbps, some upto 100 mbps and some upto 1 gbps. Proxy Shield is the only solution if the quantity of DDOS is huge.

You can read this article http://www.freewimaxinfo.com/firewall-types.html. Or you can find it via google.
    HostForLIFE.eu - Premier European Windows Hosting
    Windows Hosting | Shared Hosting | Cloud Hosting
    24/7/365 Support |30 days money back guarantee | 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    SPOTLIGHT Award from Microsoft

There are two major types: hardware and software

A firewalls is a part of Internet.It's using Internet security.It's most important part of Internet security.So i am always used to it in my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Leveltenhosting View Post
    There are two major types: hardware and software
    Agreed, and mostly software firewalls are used because its cheaper

I am using ubuntu CE v2.1.
    I am having problems with a few online tasks. I know very little about firewalls, etc, but from what I do know it appears that my firewall could be a possible culprit.
    First, some of my problems:
    - Counter Strike through cedega will not connect or display any game servers available.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Medical Billing Software

Registered User GardnerBulkeley's Avatar
    Types of fire can be Network layer firewall, Application firewall and Proxy firewall.
    eUKhost : UK Web hosting | eNlight Cloud Hosting | Linux VPS hosting | UK Dedicated Hosting
    Join the Best Web Hosting Affiliate Program for Free & Earn up to £400!!

Security is something the average internet user often overlooks. Almost no avg. users use a hardware firewall. I will have to look deeper into the link provided by dotnetmaster. It never hurts to boost your security and your security knowledge. Thanks for bringing up this important but minimally explored topic.
    Hosted solutions provider since 1998 - Serving Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, NJ, and the UK
    JaguarPC.com - Managed Hybrid Servers | Managed VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers ~Cloud~SSD~Resellers~cPanel Shared

, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

Thanks,
    Cable ties

Thanks for all of you to providing your experience here.

scan online virus

The basic types of firewall are
    Network layer and application layer.

Network-Level Firewalls
    Circuit-Level Firewalls
    Application-Level Firewalls
    Stateful Multi-level Firewalls

A firewall is also a set of related programs and located at a network gateway server through the Internet, that protects the resources of a private network from users from any other networks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast