How many target keywords should you focus on?

When you begin to learn about search engine optimisation and how important keywords can be in contributing to your success, you may create a great strategy in the hopes of dominating your niche.How Many Keyword Phrases Should You Target and how many target keywords should you focus on?

In my opinion is quality which matters not quantity. Try to find unique, precise and relevant keywords. I think 10 keywords will be enough if they are unique.

I target 4 or 5 keyword...............

Very right about keywords. I think selection of right keyword is first step in On page optimization, there are many tools which helps in getting right keywords like Google adword tool, Google keyword suggestion tool, select right keyword that is relevant to content and use it in content.

Currently I am working for only one keyword in informative way.

Depends up on the field or category you are looking for.

It totally depends on how your website has been developed, its content pages and how you plan on improving its positions over the net. For example, you may just use your homepage to target only a few keywords but you may also consider to add tens of additional content pages to your site and use each of them to rank in more markets.

This can be a more recommended approach towards development and maintenance of websites online. By adding links to several of your internal pages in addition to your homepage, you will be able to get ranks in dozens of markets and your site will experience boost in traffic shares after a while, like when people use long-tail keywords.

Start with ten and work those first. I would personally develop for my home page first and as I get ranked for that then I would move onto my content pages. Currently, use fresh content to really work those key words.
    Hosted solutions provider since 1998 - Serving Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, NJ, and the UK
    JaguarPC.com - Managed Hybrid Servers | Managed VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers ~Cloud~SSD~Resellers~cPanel Shared

what i think about targeted key word is it should not be more then 3 or 4. other then that will not be optimized successfully.

You have target different keyword for different webpages of your site and it must be relevant. And target 3-4 keywords for each of webpage.

In my view is quality which issues not amount. Try to find exclusive, accurate and appropriate key terms. I think 10 key terms will be enough if they are exclusive.

You have focus on different search phrase for different websites of your website and it must be appropriate. And focus on 3-4 key terms for each of website.

I target only 3 or 4 keywords when i start SEO.

i focus every page minimum 4 to 5 keyword