Thread: will you?

will you?

will you choose a dedicated server from web hosting company that provides shared hosting as well. Give reason.

I wouldn't. I prefer to deal with companies specializing in something, instead of companies offering everything. I would expect much higher service quality from the company specializing in dedicated server hosting only.

Yeah go with somebody who hosts them for a living, rather than a webhosting company.

I agree a company that specializing in NT servers is going to offer better service with NT, but a company that does this and offers linux would be just as good. Hosting linux servers is easy compairied to NT. So for a company like this to add linux wouldn't take any effor at all. And who's to say that they don't have anouther site/company that specializing in linux? We don't say we specializing in NT, but most of our local customers servers are, and we have 3 NT admins and 4 .Net programmers on staff.

Agree with the post above, the fact that a company has several spheres of specialization doesn't put me off, it would rather indicate company's growth.

There is a lot of overlap in the technical skills that are required when providing shared hosting as well as dedicated hosting. While I normally think you would get better support from a specialized host, in this case it probably wouldn't make a difference.
    Zac Cogswell
    WiredTree Managed Hosting
    Fully Managed Dedicated and VPS Hosting
    sales@wiredtree.com 866-523-8733 / 312-447-0510

Majority of big companies provide both shared and dedicated, as they don't want to lose any share of the market pie.

See nothing bad in providing both package plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatrazz View Post
    See nothing bad in providing both package plans.
    I fully agree with you. It is different thinks and they don't disturb each other.