need help !!! my sites are visible in some places but not in some other places!!!!

Hi , i have a few sites running on my server. but the problem is that some of the people complain that they cannot access my site even though i can access them at my place at the very same time. & then there are times when it is the vice-versa !!! can anyone help me out with this? i cant figure out whats going wrong. Do u thing it has to do with the dns server? any help would be highly appriciated.
    regards,
    jagadeep

Administrator
    What's the domain of your web site?

1PlanHost
    Sounds like a case of either improper DNS configuaration or perhaps the name servers are still propagating. Are you still having this trouble now?

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

Re: need help !!! my sites are visible in some places but not in some other places!!!!

Originally posted by jagadeep
    Hi , i have a few sites running on my server. but the problem is that some of the people complain that they cannot access my site even though i can access them at my place at the very same time. & then there are times when it is the vice-versa !!! can anyone help me out with this? i cant figure out whats going wrong. Do u thing it has to do with the dns server? any help would be highly appriciated.
    Are you still having problems. This sounds like a propogation issue. I have also seen this happen if 1 of the name servers is set wrong. Then it depends on which one you find when doing a query if you get a good connection or not.
    Dacsoft Internet Services
    DacsoftDomains.com
    DacsoftHosting.com
    Our Image - "Our least tangible, yet most valuable asset"

Your host may also have certain IP ranges blocked in their firewall.
    Oliver Nielsen
    Nielsen Web Solutions

Originally posted by oanielsen
    Good idea oanielsen. I never even thought of that, but it could happen - will have to add it to my troubleshooting list. But in this case, it seems to be more intermittent that it is a blocked IP range.
    Dacsoft Internet Services
    DacsoftDomains.com
    DacsoftHosting.com
    Our Image - "Our least tangible, yet most valuable asset"

NS-Icon

Question

Just thought I would add, also to do with firewall issues, you may want to ask those users who are unable to view your website if they can view it via proxify.com as their ISP may be filtering your website.

Furthermore, ensure their cache has been cleared locally, and you could even try asking those running Windows to try the ipconfig /flushdns command which should clear their DNS cache.

Just some ideas which may help you solve the issue. Best of luck.

Originally posted by oanielsen
    This is most likely to be the problem.

If your hosting with a company that has "spammers" or other such folk on the same server then your IP may well have been black listed.

1PlanHost
    Any updates on this jagadeep? You posted this on 9/14 yet haven't replied to any of the threads with an update.

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

If some people can get to your site some days but not others, it's probably DNS. If some people can consistently get to the site and some people consistently cannot, then its a firewall or routing issue. Probably.

Mark