Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Administrator

Cheap dedicated servers under $30

I thought I'd seen the ad on Google for a dedicated server in $29 range. Couldn't remember what company it is. Anyone know?

1PlanHost
    There is no such thing.
    Last edited by Unregistered; 10-24-2006 at 01:25 PM. Reason: I didn't like the other

how could you make money selling a whole server for 30?
    Nick Twaddell
    Web Space Solutions - Custom E-Solutions
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting

Re: Cheap dedicated servers under $30

Originally posted by cl2
    I thought I'd seen the ad on Google for a dedicated server in $29 range. Couldn't remember what company it is. Anyone know?
    I don't remember the name, but do remember seeing the ads. These older machines without any extras. There were no control panel, and no support provided at all. I actually considered getting one or 2 just to have a dedicated off-site backup. But for that price, I just couldn't believe you would be guaranteed any sort of reliablity.
    Dacsoft Internet Services
    DacsoftDomains.com
    DacsoftHosting.com
    Our Image - "Our least tangible, yet most valuable asset"

dedicated off-site backup
    Considering a back-up is used in most cases to recover from a catastrophy, If you are wanting to back up critical information, don't use a $29 server to do that!
    Oliver Nielsen
    Nielsen Web Solutions

I've found that ads from google ad words

Fast Dedicated Servers
    Get a full dedicated server
    starting at just $29.95! aff
    www.serverpronto.com

Boy, looking at their price sheet, they nickel and dime you to death if you add anything. 200GB Bandwidth won't get you far either if you are hosting many sites. I take issue with their data center being "USA". My basement is in the USA, but I definately would not want to be hosting servers out of it!

Oliver Nielsen
    Nielsen Web Solutions

Don't knock is just because it undercuts you!

When EV1 (originally called RackShack) came out with dedicated servers for $99 (and at that time dedicated servers cost a lot more) a lot of people said they were crazy, could not make any money doing it, and the servers were probably low quality and unreliable.

They laughed all the way to the bank and are now the leaders in the low-cost dedicated server market and have copycats trying to be like them.

Who knows? Maybe someone else is know going to lower the price point again and succeed.

Originally posted by 1PlanHost
    Haven't seen anything as ridiculous as that price yet but I would strongly advise staying as far away from it as possible. It still puzzles me greatly how some rush to fire sales and scams such as these so quickly and expect reliability and long term stability. Did the business owners fail in grade school math? Any 5th grader can figure out that the math is extremely bad selling dedicated servers under $30!

Reputation is everything in the web hosting business! Don't seek out the lowest price leader or else you may find yourself in a serious bind when the cheap servers go down for days at a time or the business owner takes of and runs with your money. Your customers deserve and demand better!

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!
    Voicegateway.com Web Services - High-performance Hosting & Co-location
    Specializing in advanced technologies including Windows SharePoint Services, Microsoft SQL Server, and ASP.NET

I'm sure uk2.net were doing this - but the catch was you had to pay for 3 years in advance and also pay extra for any sort of support . . .
    wisehosting.co.uk . . hassle free server and VPS Solutions

1PlanHost
    Originally posted by spiv
    Don't knock is just because it undercuts you!
    I would have to disagree with this theory. Ev1 (Rackshack) was backed by some very serious funding and had no problem running in the rears while they built their empire and got their price points down due to buying in bulk. Even then, do you seriously believe that EV1 would let some other company come into the market and undercut them IF (keyword is IF) there was money to be made? I think not.

There comes a point when real business is seperated from the flash pan businesses (here today, gone tommorrow) and that point usually revolves around having a serious and legitimate business model. Take a look at the numerous hosting companies that have failed over the past 8 years and they usually point to having a poor business model.

We don't sell dedicated servers so they certainly are not undercutting 1PlanHost.com I make this point only because consumers need to be aware of potential scams and the potential issues involved with low price leaders.

Hi,

The starting price $29 for dedicated server. i think they dont provide the full features.

but for the dedicated servers, the Ev1servers.net is one of the best.
    Sukha
    www.HostingConcept.net
    The Complete Hosting Solution

Arrow

welll good luck with your 29 dedicated server campain
    Your Web Hosting Solutions
    ServerPacket
    Aim: ServerPacket

Try www.ewisp.net, I have a Sun server with them for 25.00 per month and NO issues so far.

The ewisp.net site does not work anymore. Do you think it was a good promotion?
    Cheap Dedicated Servers - from $59/month!

1PlanHost
    Gracious, what wonderful advertising it is for a $25/month dedicated server company - This is the placeholder for domain ewisp.net. If you see this page after uploading site content you probably have not replaced the index.html file. This page has been automatically generated by Plesk.

My point in my previous post above about reliability and longetivity still stands. The general public really need to be made aware of the scams and potential issues involved with such low price temporary providers.

Do the math folks and you will see it just does not work out. How can a host offer dedicated under $30 (or even $99) per month? Consider the cost of a truly reliable network, high quality bandwidth, a reliable web server, software, and all supporting networking equipment and servers, plus advertising, staff, etc. and it just does not work out financially for the company.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast