Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Angry ServerPronto

I just signed up for server pronto for $29 per month. You only get 1 free reboot for this package. The server that they gave me just hanged yesterday. What a bunch of crock. Guess how much they charge for a reboot after that? anyone... bueller... $29 per reboot. I see where they are making their money now.

Quote Originally Posted by nfet
    I just signed up for server pronto for $29 per month. You only get 1 free reboot for this package. The server that they gave me just hanged yesterday. What a bunch of crock. Guess how much they charge for a reboot after that? anyone... bueller... $29 per reboot. I see where they are making their money now.
    I checked out that site just a minute ago and was going to post the exact same thing about the server reboots, but I see you figured it out already, unfortunately.

Their price may be low, but the extra's (which shouldn't actually be extra's but included in the package already!) are terribly expensive, so that's indeed where they make their money.

I honestly can't see how they can keep their customers that way.
    IceBlueHost | Premium Quality Hosting Solutions
    Shared | Reseller | VPS | Dedicated | cPanel | Softaculous | Master Reseller
    True 24x7 Support | No Overselling | Servers in US, UK and Germany
    Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and special promotions

Quote Originally Posted by cl2
    I thought I'd seen the ad on Google for a dedicated server in $29 range. Couldn't remember what company it is. Anyone know?
    I would never get a dedicated server for $29 per month. This simply spells trouble. I happen to respect my business and my customers.

Serverpronto is just fine

I've been with serverpronto for 6 months now, and I've really enjoyed their services. My server has been down a few times, but seeing as it was down due to no fault of mine, they rebooted it w/o issue, and I've so far never been charged (and some months there have been a few reboots -- caused by hardware issues, we had to swap my server) -- but all in all, for only $29/mo I'm very pleased. My server is up now 35 days, I have decent routes to many places. Its cheap cogent bandwidth, but its still not bad. I can get 1MBit/sec transfer rates, and 200GB/mo is plenty for my email server, DNS, administration box, and doing some backups, etc.

I'd definitely suggest them for a box for secondary services -- secondary dns, secondary mail, backups, etc.. Prob. not what you want to go for for a primary box -- I use voxrox.com for that, since those guys are just ridiculous about their network and servers.

I just recommended to a friend to signup for a server with them the other day -- took about a week til he got rolling with the box, but they're very accommodating -- installing the latest FreeBSD 5.x for him, with partitioning.

Yes, its not a managed solution, yes, that means they don't do hand holding, and give you a control panel. Thats not what this is for -- this is for people who know how to run a server, and just want that -- a server -- and don't need to be bothering support. Thats why they put down reboot limits and ticket limits -- they can't possibly making money if they waste their time dealing with someone who locks up their box, or is bugging them with questions.

I feel its a sound business model, I enjoy the box, and I plan to stick with them for the foreseeable future.

New start up looking steal everyones BIZ.

Intel 3.0 GHz HT 170

Motherboard 251

1GB RAM

2 X 80 GB HDD SATA

SONY DVD ROM

ANTEC CHASSSIS

1500$ FOR THE FIRST YEAR

1000$ FOR SECOND YEAR AND ONWARDS

5 Years 5000$ IF PAID AS UPFRONT

2 X Intel 3.0 GHz HT 170

Dual Processor Motherboard 251

2 GB DDR MEMORY

4 X 80 GB HDD SATA

SONY DVD ROM

ANTEC CHASSSIS

2000$ FOR THE FIRST YEAR

1500$ FOR SECOND YEAR AND ONWARDS

3 Years 4000$ IF PAID AS UPFRONT

INTEL Xeon Dual Core Processor 3.0 GHz

2 GB DDR MEMORY

2 X 400 GB HDD SATA

SONY DVD ROM

ANTEC CHASSSIS

3000$ FOR THE FIRST YEAR

2500$ FOR SECOND YEAR AND ONWARDS

3 Years 6000$ IF PAID AS UPFRONT

As far as bandwidth I am selling dedicated T-1 lines starting for $230 extra a month for fractional. I'm only a block away from the switch house.

Setting up the rest of the site still will post that address when construction. is finished. I agree just because I am undercutting people who sell, OEM servers they shouldn't nock the service I offer. It's because I take the time to build the server and do it right. I don't have a lot of money to invest in a $15,000 dell or other OEM product doesn't mean that I won't provide quality service. It means I am a smarter business man. Keeping my costs down.

I set up domain name sales for free. My ssl cerificates for free. That's the name of the game keeping costs down driving profits through the roof.

I will take the time to build a server if it saves me $13,000. I will still offer great support. Site backup Just reload from original file that was loaded after construction of web page finalized. In a severe failure, like everyone that has a windows server has to do. When a virus hits. Since I will be running on Linux platform and not offering windows platform at all because of the holes they will always have with the shoddy O.S..

As far as .net ha ha. I can't see how anyone would want to offer a customer such a solution.

The hardest thing I have found in my endeavor was bandwidth supply.

Finding the niche, that was a little bit easier. I found my need now I am filling that need.

In less than one week I went from zero customers to fifty. All of that word of mouth.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention. When I sell a server the site construction is free.

In a dedicated server for $30 what kind of support and quality you may find?
    Web Hosting and Domain Registration at Celebrohost

Quote Originally Posted by hostlander
    In a dedicated server for $30 what kind of support and quality you may find?
    I wouldn't expect much...

Usually servers this cheap come with a big setup fee, Serverpronto for instance is something like $70 setup.
    Devoted Hosting
    Quality Shared and Reseller Web Hosting
    http://devotedhost.net/

Only Cpanel/WHM cost is $23/month how can one expect a dedicated server for $29/month because a stable vps cost around $40-45.
    $29 for dedicated server indicates spaming and inviting a big trouble.

Smile

Hi cl2,

That company does offer a very low price and there is nothing to complain about concerning the price alone. We have found that if any one area is too good then other areas suffer: customer service, support, configurations, or uptime. That is why we are balanced in those categories and do not require contracts. If you would like check out the offer below.

Regards,
    Ilya
    eBoundHost
    Fast Dedicated Servers, Web Hosting, Hosting Company Acquisitions
    ilya (at) eBoundHost (dot) com

I saw one uk company and they offered under $15 dedicated server. It was like p2/3. I don't remember url of this site.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RackSlash
    I saw one uk company and they offered under $15 dedicated server. It was like p2/3. I don't remember url of this site.

Thanks
    How can you possibly make money charging $15 for a dedicated server? The answer is you can't.

Who knows..

This is their link http://www.lowcostdedi.co.uk/..

I don't know they are good or not.. just found during some research.

Intel Celeron 700 Mhz processor
    192 Mb ram
    20 GB hard disk
    2 IP addresses
    15 Gb data transfer per month
    Centos Server 4.3

This sounds more like a dedicated *home PC.........LOL

700 Mhz???....Slow, slow, slow

15Gb data transfer???........Please.......spare me like a tire.

German Hosting

Hosting outfit in Germany offering:

AMD Athlon 64 3700+
    1 GB RAM
    2x 160 GB SATA HDD
    1 TB Freitraffic (Traffic)
    Resetservice inkl. (Reboot Service included)

for $39 euro = $48 USD
    setup $149 euro = $184.50 USD

Colleague of mine says service is good and support speaks English, though website is primarily German. (http://hetzner.de)
    http://lylix.net/
    32/64-bit Linux VPS Hosting

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast