Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Arrow I hope so, it helps

Your Web host is a direct reflection of your business. Be sure to choose a hosting partner with good financial strength to succeed in all economic times. Failure on its part puts your business at risk. Seek a provider that has proven experience in providing business class hosting.

Good Luck!

Unregistered

jealous fools...

i have been using a dedicated server for $49 per month for 2 years with 1 meg ram... it has been up for 278 days.. since a server costs a couple of hundred dollars these days why can't companies make money by bringing in clients with $29 servers with only 256 meg.. presumably a lot of customers upgrade and end up paying a lot more and being customers for years..

if you let the servers sell themselves on the net with google ads, a simple website, and get the servers for $200 you can make a handy profit after a $69 set up fee.. in fact, i would imagine these companies will be the survivors around for a long time.. not some idiots who hired salesmen and paid mega-bucks for advertising.. and charge $200 a month for a small server that oonly cost $200 to begin with..

Quote Originally Posted by Khun
    I've found that ads from google ad words

Fast Dedicated Servers
    Get a full dedicated server
    starting at just $29.95! aff
    www.serverpronto.com
    Kind of perfect for a small project. Bookmarked them, going to do some research.

Exclamation some offers

Athlon:
    XP2200 512MB 40GB 1000GB Direct Admin $69 - $34.50 First month
    XP2400 512MB 80GB 1000GB Direct Admin $69 - $34.50 First month

Celerons:
    500Mhz 128MB 10GB 500GB Direct Admin $35 - $17.50 First Month
    1.7Ghz 512MB 40GB 1000GB Direct Admin $79 - $39.50 First Month
    2.4Ghz 512MB 80GB 1000GB Direct Admin $89 - $44.50 First Month

Pentium 3:
    733Mhz 128MB 10GB 200GB Direct Admin $40 - $20.00 First Month
    Dual 800Mhz 1GB 36GB 1000GB Direct Admin $79 - $39.50 First Month
    Dual 866Mhz 256MB 40GB 1000GB Direct Admin $65 - $32.50 First Month
    Dual 1Ghz 768MB 80GB 1000GB Direct Admin $79 - $39.50 First Month
    1Ghz 256MB 40GB 1000GB Direct Admin $59 - $29.50 First Month
    1Ghz 1GB 80GB 1000GB Direct Admin $79 - $39.50 First Month

Pentium 4:
    1.8Ghz 512MB 40GB 1000GB Direct Admin $89 - $44.50 First Month
    1.8Ghz 512MB 80GB 1000GB Direct Admin $99 - $49.50 First Month

This is one portion of servers that we can offer you..
    Nkom - Sales Rep
    damir.g@nkommunikation.com
    www.nkommunikation.com
    SHARED - DEDICATED - COLO

Unregistered

Serverpronto

Hi all,

I have contracted with serverpronto for three months and have seen enough. I lost more money with reinstalls, problems of compatibility between linux and their hardware.
    The techs seems nice to start with but after several goofs, they started to be rude and asking for more money to fix problems that were not mine.
    Exemple: after they installed a linux OS on a new server, they send you an email with instructions included. Webmin should have been accessible as well as SSH. But none of that was working. They claimed it was my fault....I could not even access to that machine !!!
    A real nightmare.
    Thanks God, my clients were nice enough and patient. I now got another dedicated hosting that costs only $20 more but you get 2IP's, 5 times the bandwith and speed and seriousness.
    Just think twice before contracting with them.
    Ah yes. One last word: They make things very difficult for you to get out of your monthly contract. You must "for securtiy reasons" send a fax AND a copy of your Credit Card.... Yes you read well: a copy of your credit card. Just to make things more secure, I suppose.

Smile serverpronto

Hi all again,

I just registred to this nice forum and am responsible for the previous serverpronto post.
    It's just that anonymous posting is easy and less credible but my story is for real.
    Thanks to the post about Hetzner online. I like the seriousness of german companies and will move my stuffs there.

Thanks again of the infos.

$35 sounds too cheap for a dedicated host! Personally I may opt for a VPS from a reputable host for that budget.
    Looking for Cloud Hosting? Get some MediaTemple Coupons
    Shared Hosting? Get some MyHosting Promo Code Or Hostmonster Coupon

Unregistered

Thumbs up Serverpronto

I have used serverpronto Windows 2000 past 1.5 years for $47 / month ANd IT IS WORKING FINE

VPS is not dedicated, a dumbass could destroy your fair share and crash your server.
    Last edited by Unregistered; 09-24-2006 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cl2
    I thought I'd seen the ad on Google for a dedicated server in $29 range. Couldn't remember what company it is. Anyone know?
    I dont think so...

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    Hi all,

I have contracted with serverpronto for three months and have seen enough. I lost more money with reinstalls, problems of compatibility between linux and their hardware.
    The techs seems nice to start with but after several goofs, they started to be rude and asking for more money to fix problems that were not mine.
    Exemple: after they installed a linux OS on a new server, they send you an email with instructions included. Webmin should have been accessible as well as SSH. But none of that was working. They claimed it was my fault....I could not even access to that machine !!!
    A real nightmare.
    Thanks God, my clients were nice enough and patient. I now got another dedicated hosting that costs only $20 more but you get 2IP's, 5 times the bandwith and speed and seriousness.
    Just think twice before contracting with them.
    Ah yes. One last word: They make things very difficult for you to get out of your monthly contract. You must "for securtiy reasons" send a fax AND a copy of your Credit Card.... Yes you read well: a copy of your credit card. Just to make things more secure, I suppose.
    Why am I not surprised
    I wouldn't expect much from a company offering service that cheap.

Why spend the same money on a low end dedicated when you can get a high end VPS for the same price?
    Yellow Fiber Networks
    http://www.yellowfiber.net : Shared Hosting/Colocation/Dedicated
    http://www.yfvps.com Virtuozzo VPS Solutions
    sales@yellowfiber.net

yes exactly what he said^^

right...

Its probably hosted in the middle of Nevada on a back bone of cell phones... Not one bit trust worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    i have been using a dedicated server for $49 per month for 2 years with 1 meg ram... it has been up for 278 days.. since a server costs a couple of hundred dollars these days why can't companies make money by bringing in clients with $29 servers with only 256 meg.. presumably a lot of customers upgrade and end up paying a lot more and being customers for years..

if you let the servers sell themselves on the net with google ads, a simple website, and get the servers for $200 you can make a handy profit after a $69 set up fee.. in fact, i would imagine these companies will be the survivors around for a long time.. not some idiots who hired salesmen and paid mega-bucks for advertising.. and charge $200 a month for a small server that oonly cost $200 to begin with..
    I don't know where you get your facts from, but where can you find a server for $200. My cost for the barebone is higher than that, and thats just the chassis, mobo and psu. Unless you are buying a used server that is obsolete, or that is built with the cheapest non branded parts possible in a thin plastic chassis. But if that is the case, your company will not last for too long.
    and so it was written...
    www.RackLogic.com

Under $30...that is just ridiculous. Try VPS, you may find it that cheap.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast