Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    I wouldnt trust any dedicated server for 30 dollars...
    TorrentHost.net
    Affordable Reseller Plans!

think it is shared server.

Good luck :P.

LeaseWeb offers dedicated servers from Euro 39/mth.

See http://www.leaseweb.com/index.php?p=dedicated

* Most servers are available and can be online within 3-5 business days after receiving payment.

* Payment can be done via paypal, credit card or bank transfer. If you are an EU citizen you will pay 19% VAT.

* Contract term is 3 months, automatically renewed unless cancelled. Billing is per 1 month.

* If you want to start, please order it online or mail us which server(s) you are interested in.
    LeaseWeb - Amsterdam, Frankfurt, Washington DC, San Jose, Singapore, Hong Kong - ASN 16265
    www.leaseweb.com - sales@leaseweb.com
    Twitter.com/LeaseWeb - Facebook.com/LeaseWeb

Why can't you believe you can get a good server for under $30? I know we do and I know of another company that does (http://www.galaxy-solutions.net/). Their unmanaged, but are great starter servers, or servers for personal use, and can have what ever they need added to them. But the service is excellent.

That is just crazy servers have gotten this cheap. I dont know how Server Pronto does it but good luck!
    Sago Networks
    www.sagonet.com

If you get a cheap server, make sure that you have a good system administrator at least. I wouldn't get a $30/mo box, unless is for something not important.

If serverpronto offered root access to the server you could reboot it yourself.

I am currently with Rackmounted I have been with them for a while.

It is basically the same spec as the entry level server offered by serverpronto but I have full root access so reboots are not a problem, not that I reboot often anyways.

Budget Server running Linux / FreeBSD
    1.8 GHz Celeron Processor
    256 MB RAM
    40 GB Ultra ATA Hard Drive(s)
    8 IP Addresses
    200 GB Data Transfer per Month

I pay 49 dollars a month. The service is brilliant, they will help you with anything. Virtualmin is a breeze for setting up new domains. I think it is the best on the web. Although my package has been withdrawn, although obviously I get to keep it.

I need a dedi for a commercial site I have. Shop Pyrenees plus I have a forum and some other personal sites hosted on the server. Runs as sweet as a nut. Absolutely no restrictions apart from the bandwidth I suppose, I can do what I like with it.

Saying all that, I saw this today. Blue Host what caught my eyes was that you could host unlimited domains, as well as the large disk space and bandwidth.

I am tempted to try them and shut down my dedi if it was good, I mean, look at the price for what you get for 7 dollars or so a month. Seems too good to be true.

David

$30

If you are referring to serverpronto beware. I used them and they are the worst company I've ever dealt with. My experience was nothing short of terrible.

Bbb

by the way, before you use serverpronto, check their record with the better business bureau. They have over 15 complaints and almost all unanswered. I wish I would have checked before using them. They hurt my business.

It seems that there are lots of complaints for cheap dedicated hosting providers. For me this is normal, because to afford to offer this kind of prices, the companies need to do very high volume and cut all costs, including support.

I think $30 is the price of a good reseller or shared plan, but not dedicated anyway.

Well for a $29 dollar reboot I imagine where they make the money.
    Reboot
    Additional reboots: $29/ea.

And only 2 mail ticket support, anything above:
    Email Support
    Additional tickets: $15/ea.

To me serverpronto and startlogic are good providers that offer packets starting from less than $30/mo. However some of their upgrades are a little bit expensive. If you need high-performance server don't look at cheap offers.
    Compare/Review dedicated servers at Cheap Dedicated Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by cl2 View Post
    I thought I'd seen the ad on Google for a dedicated server in $29 range. Couldn't remember what company it is. Anyone know?
    If your looking in that range of affordablity/reliability just hook your PC up to a high speed connection and use that... I guarantee your going to be more satisfied.
    Tracy Phillips
    CpanelReseller.com
    See Why We Smoke The Competition - HostSentry!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast