Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bing - the “Google Killer”

Even with Microsoft integrating the Powerset technology and making numerous back-end improvements to Bing, it isn’t “Google killer” yet. However, Bing is poised to take over a significant portion of the market share (40% in case Google’s deal with Firefox, which expires in November, is not renewed). Google is fighting wars on multiple fronts – social networking and search results are two of the most noticeable ones.
    The latest update is that Bing has got more personal with Adaptive Search.

I think Bing has every potential to compete with the Google as it is a good search engine with a very nice database. I love to use this.

Bing continued to gain, while its partner Yahoo lost market share. Google was up compared to January and year over year.

The following are the numbers for February:
    # Google: 66.4 percent (vs. 65.4 percent a year ago)
    # Bing: 15.3 percent (vs. 13.6 percent a year ago)
    # Yahoo: 13.8 percent (vs. 16.1 percent a year ago)

Judging by those numbers that stevemack shared, it's going to be a hard battle for Bing to overcome Google in the near future. By the way, Steve. Where did you get those numbers? I'm thinking I could see a lot more stats from your source.
    If you're willing to work as an SEO Reseller, you can be the boss of your own SEO company!

Great info for a newbie like me. Thanks guys for the info. I am also interested in knowing the source for those numbers Steve.
    Last edited by ronny14; 04-17-2012 at 01:13 AM.

but google is still best search engine for me.
    best quality outdoor wicker sectional and wicker conversation sets for your home and lawn

only bing can compete with Google if they want. best of luck for bing

Google is facing a tough trouble in two aspects. One is social networking sites and other is search results. Due to the advent of other social networking site like Bing, Google is lagging behind.

The Bing can really pose a big threat to the ranks that Google may be holding in the industry at the current times and this is what makes us totally watchful about it.
    dewsoft | dewsoft | dewsoft

i don't think so for at least next 5 year. But its not impossible as well. Japan yahoo shares more search than google so nothing is impossible
    Mantra Information Services - IT Staffing Company

Google is fighting a multifaceted war - the most compelling social networks and search results are two.

Or you can also set the price annually or giving them different price for the next year, because after all even a website that has been optimized have to keep getting backlinks and monitoring of keywords, and if the website go down then you should take certain steps for improvement.

Whatever may be the discussion, i like google and its best for me.

Bing and Google evidently compete against each other. Bing is poised to take over a significant portion of the market share, thus, 40% in case of Google’s deal with Firefox.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast