Google Local Listing

Hi masters,
    I have no knowledge about local listing, so can anyone share with me some info regarding this?
    Many thanks in advance.

Google places are very important for promoting/advertising the business as locally but you have to need to mention various information regarding your business such as address, contact-no., product/services and images etc...[http://www.google.com/places] website.
    Last edited by AllenSantiago; 09-12-2012 at 07:20 AM.

It is actually design for those who actually have physical office/shop/company and as well as make available local businesses to local residents.

Even if you don't have a shop or storefront, you need to be listed on google places!

usually see at the top or at the middle of Google’s first page results. These listings tend to show up when you search for a keyword accompanied by a specific city, i.e. “Toronto Lawyers”. As a result, these local search results are different from the organic results and sponsored pay per click listings. In this article I’ll explain the three most important aspects you simply can’t ignore when putting up your Google local business listings.
    Last edited by sharpshades; 04-30-2012 at 02:03 AM. Reason: some editing

Think global and optimize local.. new SEO mantra!
    Looking for Cloud Hosting? Get some MediaTemple Coupons
    Shared Hosting? Get some MyHosting Promo Code Or Hostmonster Coupon

Google Local Listings can be defined as the business listings in the map that you usually see at the top or at the middle of Google’s first page results. These listings tend to show up when you search for a keyword accompanied by a specific city, i.e. “Toronto Lawyers”. As a result, these local search results are different from the organic results and sponsored pay per click listings. In this article I’ll explain the three most important aspects you simply can’t ignore when putting up your Google local business listings.

How to submit
    How to optimize
    How to track

Banned
    I know that google is a popular search engine but I have no knowledge about local google listing. Has anyone good information about google local listing.
    damdama lake

It is place for business.
    Try here

I believe Google Local listing gives your business maximum exposure instantly & helps to attract more possible visitors to your website.
    Asia Affordable Web Hosting Provider

Quote Originally Posted by jamsen View Post
    I believe Google Local listing gives your business maximum exposure instantly & helps to attract more possible visitors to your website.
    true, as some people do search on maps.
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of XEN VPS*
    == Contact us for any online solution development ==

It allows your business to be listed on the internet according to keywords provided upon registering. They mail you a verification in the mail after submission, which included a code for input to activate. Once your set it up with hours of operation, logos, photos, address, numbers and even specials. You will be good to go . Its one of many. There is also bing, yelp, yellowpages, superpages, yahoo listings, white pages, and many others which are good for getting your name out there. Groupon also offers a way to target focus audiences for your services.
    Dominic Dillard - IaaS Perfectionist - Dominic[at]ServerDeals.com - I have a better deal! - 1.877.360.5417
    ServerDEALS.com - Dedicated Server, Colocation Solutions, Local & Remote DDoS Mitigation
    Tier III+ Facilities in Chicago, IL & New York. 99.9% Network Uptime! Multi-homed BGP Networks
    GetIPAddresses.com - Skip waiting for registrar or broker allocations. Pricing on our site!

Thanks for shearing information about Google Local Listing..........

A local business listing is an online profile that contains your business name, address, phone number, and other details. There are thousands of websites and directories on which local business owners are allowed to create free business listings.