Looking for VPS...

I am looking at getting a VPS but are not sure what are the ups and downs of one compared to a dedicated server.
    Also I want one that will cost a maximum of £65 a month and that I can do web hosting, game server hosting, and host things like Teamspeak etc...
    Could anyone help me out here?
    I have found one from exportal.pl and they seem good but was wondering if there are any others that might be better...

Also, seeing as I want game server hosting, what monthly bandwidth would be ideal for me?

(First Time Buyer)

Thanks...

In your sitation, a Dedicated Server will be the best suited as the performance will not be hindered in any situation which is not the case in VPS, if you want to select and opt for a VPS, then it would definitely overload and drastic effect on your server will be seen.

However,the following are my suggestion and Offer for a Managed Dedicated Server -

Chassis - Dell PowerEdge Server Chassis
    Processors - CELERON 2.66 GHZ
    Memory - 1 GB RAM
    Hard Disk - 160 GB SATA
    Bandwidth - 2000/Month
    O.S. - Linux - CentOS 4.4
    Fully Managed Dedicated Server
    24/7 Monitored
    24/7 Phone Support
    24/7 Live Chat Support
    24/7 E-mail Support
    Anytime Money-back Guarantee
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    Monthly Price - £75

Not only this, if you signup for Three Months, the fourth Month will be absolutely Free. For Further Information, please Contact our Sales Department (sales@bodhost.com) at anytime.

Regards,
    Jack Russel
    Sales and Marketing Officer
    Sales Department
    URL - http://www.bodhost.com/
    MSN - sales@bodhost.com
    AIM - bodsupport
    Last edited by Bodhost; 01-22-2007 at 07:56 AM.
    100% Guaranteed Uptime on VPS!!! Only @ BODHost.com

Dedicated Server Hosting | VPS Hosting
    MSN : sales@bodhost.com | 24x7 Toll-Free Helpline : 866-662-0909

What about the stuff I need like CPanel and Plesk etc? Thats why I was thinking of a VPS as I don't have to buy them etc and it has everything I need like Apache, PHP, MySQL etc...

Hello,

At the cost of a VPS as you have mentioned, we are providing you a fully managed Dedicated Server which is 24/7 Monitored to keep up with the game hosting performance as well as quality hosting service.

Well, if you require, Cpanel / WHM, you will need to pay additional £20/Month with Unlimited Mysql Databases, Apache/1.3.37 and PHP 4.4.4 (cli)
    (PHP Version default but the version can be selected according to choice).

If you have any further questions, please let us know.
    Last edited by Bodhost; 01-22-2007 at 07:57 AM.
    100% Guaranteed Uptime on VPS!!! Only @ BODHost.com

Dedicated Server Hosting | VPS Hosting
    MSN : sales@bodhost.com | 24x7 Toll-Free Helpline : 866-662-0909

Hi. I suggesr you use dedi for game server.

VPS is not recommended for using it as a game server since memory and cpu allocations for vps are less in comparison with the dedicated servers.

agree with James

Arrow

Its better to go with dedicated as you are going to deal with game server, hosting ect. But if you want to have dedicated the budget you mentioned will not be sufficient. So please make sure that even if you get cheap host, anaylse with them before starting a deal.

Dedicated servers will have more juice to run a gaming server than a VPS, it may cost more but should be worth the money!

gaming services in vps? think you will easily overuse the processing. try consider, dedicated server, you could start with $100/mth
    IMHO, Hostgator and Bluehost are 2 top web hosts. Here is the facts of Hostgator and review of Bluehost.

Arrow

Yes choosing dedi will be of moneyworthy. It will be benefitable factor for you though you spend much money.

Hold on there

Hello,

If you need to run games And teamspeak better go for a dedicated server because i had tied that with a VPs and the VPs dided on me in just 30 mins of starting the game and teamspeak.

So better think again and go for a dediacted server with just some more $$ you can get a dedicated server, so dont compromise because of $$ as its nothing compared to peace of mind you get with a Good service and proper configuration.

Regards,