Grandma and grandfather in trouble.

An 80 year old couple were having problems remembering things, so they decided to go to their doctor to get checked out to make sure nothing was wrong with them.

When they arrived at the doctors, they explained to the doctor about the problems they were having with their memory. After checking the couple out, the doctor told them that they were physically okay but might want to start writing things down and make notes to help them remember things.

The couple thanked the doctor and left. Later that night while watching tv, the man got up from his chair and his wife asked, "where are you going?" He replied, "to the kitchen." She asked, "will you get me a bowl of ice cream?" He replied, "sure." She then asked him, "don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?" He said, "no, i can remember that."

She then said, "well i would also like some strawberries on top. You had better write that down because i know you'll forget that." He said, "i can remember that, you want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries." She replied, "well i also would like whipped cream on top. I know you will forget that so you better write it down."

With irritation in his voice, he said, "i don't need to write that down! I can remember that." He then fumes into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes he returned from the kitchen and handed her a plate of bacon and eggs. She stared at the plate for a moment and said angrily: "i told you to write it down! You forgot my toast!"

----------
    - Lisa

LOL, some people may have this sort of problems considerably earlier.

Talking about dementia, my grandmother had a similar problem before she died. Mind you, she's really funny. She's 86 but she accepted her condition pretty well. It's really fun when she's laughing at herself when she tries to tell us what our names are and utter names from her past. She often hide things and then completely forget where she hides it. Then, few days past you'll just smell a rotten food coming out of the closet (cause she also hides food).

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Talking about dementia, my grandmother had a similar problem before she died. Mind you, she's really funny. She's 86 but she accepted her condition pretty well. It's really fun when she's laughing at herself when she tries to tell us what our names are and utter names from her past. She often hide things and then completely forget where she hides it. Then, few days past you'll just smell a rotten food coming out of the closet (cause she also hides food).
    Well it is funny for you, but can you imagine how it is difficult for her.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

That was funny but partly true to those people who are suffering dementia.

That is funny but sad. My grandmother started asking my father who he was. She would go, "Sir, can you kindly open the windows? My son is coming over to visit with his daughter. Who are you by the way?"

Broke his heart to see her like that.