Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What makes a provider a good provider?

Hi all

I would like to know your opinion about this issue.

- What do you think that makes a good provider?

- Why and how did you choose the ones that you work with?

- You'd prefer to pay more and have a great service or to pay cheap and have a mediocre service?

- Would you prefer ulimited bandwith, more space, more sql, etc?

- Do you prefer live, irc, msn, mail or other type of support? Wich one do you use the most?

- Is there anything that you need - software, etc - that isn't part of most providers?

- Do you belive that Windows will continue to be used, since the control panels for linux are getting really user-friendly? Do you use ASP, PHP, or other?

NS-Icon
    There are a number of aspects which should be considered when selecting a hosting provider. Each person will look for different features when making a selection for a host, some of the features could include:

[+] Reliable Uptime - Possible evidence of this.
    [+] Reliable Support - Either through the host website, instant messenger or other mediums.
    [+] A solid Money back Guarantee

There is plenty which can be added to the above list, it also depends on what you are looking for from a host. There are plenty of online guides which provide tips and ideas as to what to look for in a host which you may find useful. One basic site is: http://www.supernova.net/articles/articles4.html

Choosing the host to work with, well to be honest with you, if they meet the criteria for the above, which is what you feel makes a reliable hosting provider, I would most likely choose to host with them.

I would probably be more than happy paying a little bit more for a hosting package as long as I know the host is stable and reliable. Not all hosts who provide cheap hosting solutions are reliable, its not usually possible to stay reliable if the host makes little or no money to fund their services. In due course these hosts will start to display their weaknesses even if they appear rock solid for now.

I wouldn’t opt for an unlimited solution for a shared hosting package at all, again, costs would be considered in terms of feasibility. Most unlimited packages in my view have some form of overselling involved, for this reason; I intend to stay clear of such hosts.

I prefer Instant Messenger support, simply because I am online 90% of the time and it is far easier to manage. NetspaceOnline.net however does provide MSN, AOL, Yahoo, ICQ and Live Web chat support.

Most good hosting providers will try their best to support you with any application or software package you may need. Some will even go as far as providing you with a little support to install a third-party application which they do not support.

It really depends on the user as to what types of application he/she will require, and then on their current host for permissions to allow it on their servers.

I feel Windows hosting will continue to grow, Linux hosting provides some aspects which are not available to Windows hosting users, and vice versa. For this reason, i feel there will be a demand for both, Linux and Windows hosting solutions.

I hope the above provides a little help.

If you are not technically minded - support should be one that top of your list. Presales queries should be dealt with quickly - why not try and get a trial account so that you can test the support?
    wisehosting.co.uk . . hassle free server and VPS Solutions

I agreed. Good support is top in the list.

Bad support is why people are switching to another brand and Good support means gaining a new customer from words of mouths.

I always go to any hosting that give me the best deal, and the "best deal" doesn't equal chepest....if that is, I would go straigh to Free hosting then. Best deal (in my opinion) would be reasonable price, features, user friendly (in term of their system, order processing, etc), and the most importance thing is customer service. Finding the right hosting is just like getting the right mate to marry my daughter (in real life she bring one for me to approof) I wish they will live together forever, no fighting and feel good to be with...
    Jilly and Puppy are forever!

1. Good uptime
    2. Good support (less than 3 hours response)
    3. Resonable prices (not something like $1 for 50Gb traffic per month, cause this is impossible)

I think many people will agree with the list below

1. Reliability
    2. Speed
    3. Price
    4. FREE Technical Support
    5. 24/7 Live Support
    6. Years in business
    7. Number of satisfied customers
    HostMarker.com - Web Hosting Directory
    Browse & Search affordable and reliable web hosts
    Get FREE quotes for your specific needs with Get-a-Quote service
    www.HostMarker.com

I agree with all of you

1. Support
    2. Server up time.
    Thank You,

Gregory A
    Network Administrator
    DataStream USA - Serving over 10,000+ Customers WorldWide
    http://www.datastreamusa.com
    ASP /.NET / mySQL / MS SQL / MS FRONTPAGE / H-SPHERE CONTROL PANEL / SHARED HOSTING / LIVE SUPPORT
    Phone: (916) 209-6458

Everybody agrees that uptime, speed and support makes a company good.
    But, where do you search for these information for a web host that you are looking forward to host your site on.

Does web hosting directories or hosting quote services help you?
    What do you expect from these kind of hosting portals?
    Or do you simply believe the reviews made on discussion forums?
    HostMarker.com - Web Hosting Directory
    Browse & Search affordable and reliable web hosts
    Get FREE quotes for your specific needs with Get-a-Quote service
    www.HostMarker.com

Here is my list

reliability hopefully with a SLA on the network
    load not too high on server
    support
    then a reasonable price.

What makes a provider a good provider?

A web hosting services which provides reliable hosting services for an affordable rate without having any down time that makes a good hosting provider.
    Having a good 24/7 professional support makes a good hosting provider.

When we have good wavelength it leads to good provider.

The most important things to look for is quality of service and availability of the host. The other equally important features of a good host that can be consider are security, backup services, server monitoring, spam filtering and 99.9% server uptime guarantee. Good host will provide 24/7 customer support. Will have hosting plans that are flexible that customer can upgrade/downgrade according to his requirements and with add on option available. Hosting plans should include most of the hosting features.

Maybe if they have a good price and good customer service plus less advertisements.

Well i think the good hosting is that who give you best service with a cheap rate that anyone can afford and their customer support is like 24/7 and their hosting plan is flexible that's make a good hosting provider...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast