Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

Value of PR6 web site

Hi

I just wonder if anyone can give me an idea. I have a PR6 web site with $0 revenue. I didn't sell any ads on this web site. If I'm going to sell this site for someone who will be using it for SEO purpose. What should be the price?

The value will depends on the content of the site (is it original, how many articles doe sthe site have, what niche does the site covers). Another thing to consider is how many unique visitors and page views does the site have per month and how much monthly revenue will the site bring if you put ads on it.

A web site that is not currently monetized will have to demonstrate the feasibility of gaining some income from it. PR6 is nice, but show me the money.

You may want to start selling ads to show that advertisers are willing to invest in the web site's potential for growth.

In the end, value is perceived. What a site is worth as non-income producing but a high page rank? - maybe it is just worth the window dressing factor, which may not be much.. In the end this will need to be decided based upon what market(s) and demographics your site attracts.

To get this done as quickly as possible, you may want to make your access logs available to prospective buyers, along with allowing remote stats generation to demonstrate time on site, page trails, recurring traffic, and so on.
    Highland Communications
    Shared | Reseller | Managed VPS | Dedicated | Colocation
    Toll Free 1-877-87 LINUX

It has too many factors involved..

1. Revenue
    2. Traffic

Just because its a PR6, doesn't mean its still active or receiving high traffic.

Interested

You interested in selling your PR6 site?

Can we get a link to the site?

As others have said the content and the niche is important because that determines your buyer in a way. A PR 6 is a good rank and basically says that google sees alot of value in your site.

Some sites with high PR ranks sell placement in their link directories for 3 or 4 dollars, some for 25 dollars and up per link.

Quote Originally Posted by cl2 View Post
    Hi

I just wonder if anyone can give me an idea. I have a PR6 web site with $0 revenue. I didn't sell any ads on this web site. If I'm going to sell this site for someone who will be using it for SEO purpose. What should be the price?
    You may start monetizing your site by selling links to relevant quality sites, though Google is getting harder on paid links. Then using adsense may be another way to get income, the monthly income is important price-forming element. Who knows, you may turn down the idea of selling the site once you start getting income from it.

Quality is in the eyes of the beholder. People pay for quality. I am sure using SEO you can get a website to PR6 that covers the topic of digging holes in the ground. Who you would get to advertise on it, and what other revenue models you could establish, would be another story. In this case PR6 = '0' value and I would very much doubt whether you could even sell links to other sites!

MC

Hey cl2, its been four months now since you made this thread but if you are still there with your site then it would be good if you'd share the link to the site with us.

Administrator
    I've already sold the website. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cl2 View Post
    I've already sold the website. Thanks!
    Thanks,

Would you mind sharing the site URL, now you've sold it?

What is the url of the site. I would like to check other details before quoting a price.

I think that the price depends on the sphere your web site related on.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

You interested in selling your PR6 site?
    In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity - Albert Einstein
    Audio Production Degrees

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast