Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modernbill v5 ?

Modernbill v5 ?

Anyone using Modernbill v5? If so, ever used v4? If so, did you regret that you ever upgraded?

I don't like v5, it's full of bugs, it lacks interesting features that even v4 has, it's slow, etc. Really, it's far from finished. Ok Rome wasn't build in one day, but they should have kept it Beta or RC instead of releasing it as a finished product.

Kind of frustrating if you ask me.
    RadixHosting - Professional shared and reseller web hosting solutions
    www.radixhosting.com

There was a thread about Modernbill 4/5.

I would not suggest using version 5 as its very very slow. We use version 4 and plan on to for sometime.
    OTSH Reseller Hosting
    WHM/cPanel Reseller Hosting And Managed Servers
    Host Unlimited Domains
    1-866-884-HOST

Quote Originally Posted by onthespot View Post
    I would not suggest using version 5 as its very very slow. We use version 4 and plan on to for sometime.
    It's been a while since I've used v4 and I can't recall how much I liked it...

Can you tell me, is it a lot faster than v5? Or do you think it should be more optimized too?
    www.radixhosting.com

I think Modernbill has coined v.5 as the general purpose billing software, where v.4 is geared specifically twards web hosting companies. They are basically two seperate product lines as opposed to v.5 being an upgrade.

I started with v.5 and went back to v.4, for what it's worth.
    Best Regards,

Brian Emerson
    KickAssVPS.com

I started with v5, went back to v4, and finally gave up. I'm now using WHMCS.
    www.radixhosting.com

It really depends... You absolutely have to get used to the whole new interface they put out. Once that's done with, I think you'll be ok.

However, V4 is faster for the client side to purchase, and checkout. I believe this has to do a lot with the new fancy ajax/web 2.0 looking modernbill trying to show off. However, I like the admin/client interface better with V5 then 4, it's just more clean, less buggy, and more easier for clients to login pay and get out. i guess the presentation of the theme is more presentable then the v4... However, the ordering page, V4 is faster, bulkier... V5, beautiful, too fancy, takes a little time.

Quote Originally Posted by timihosting.com View Post
    It really depends... You absolutely have to get used to the whole new interface they put out. Once that's done with, I think you'll be ok.

However, V4 is faster for the client side to purchase, and checkout. I believe this has to do a lot with the new fancy ajax/web 2.0 looking modernbill trying to show off. However, I like the admin/client interface better with V5 then 4, it's just more clean, less buggy, and more easier for clients to login pay and get out. i guess the presentation of the theme is more presentable then the v4... However, the ordering page, V4 is faster, bulkier... V5, beautiful, too fancy, takes a little time.
    You also have to get used to the tons of bugs in v5, the slow interface (AJAX should improve performance, not degrade it), and the ridiculously hard way of configuring basic settings (which used to go a lot faster in v4).
    www.radixhosting.com

Quote Originally Posted by RadixHosting View Post
    I started with v5, went back to v4, and finally gave up. I'm now using WHMCS.
    Exactly what we did. Modernbill V4 was OK, but after serveral tries with V5 we went looking for something workable. WHMCS was found and we haven't looked back since. I works well for dedicated server signups also.

I think you will hear this story repeated over and over...
    Dimension4 Networks LLC - Excellence In Performance since 2002
    Affordable Windows and Linux Dedicated Web Servers
    Racked and Ready Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by RadixHosting View Post
    You also have to get used to the tons of bugs in v5, the slow interface (AJAX should improve performance, not degrade it), and the ridiculously hard way of configuring basic settings (which used to go a lot faster in v4).
    Can we get an Amen on this!

I've used Modernbill before but I really didn't like the overall interface
    www.FDCHost.com
    Free Hosting - Virtual Hosting - Shoutcast Servers
    www.FDCUpload.com
    Store your files for free! Fast network and no sharing limits!

Thumbs up Hi

Hi,
    I updated this, working fine with me ....some small issues but i fixed them up

Quote Originally Posted by johnstanley View Post
    Hi,
    I updated this, working fine with me ....some small issues but i fixed them up
    What about performance? Compared to v4.
    www.radixhosting.com

MB was a horrible experience for me. I'm glad I switched over to WHMCS.

MB just got bought out however, so maybe they will turn things around. Right now I'd advise against using either v4 or v5.

andrew, that seems 1 year old thread...
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast