Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which is the best way to promote your web site?

I'm working for new project of Reseller program. I just would like to ask you guys that which is the best way to promote your website? One of my collegues shared with me about Google Ad words. But I heard it's very expensive and it seems it does not work. What do you guys use for promoting your web hosting service? How about Web host directory? Does it work for conversion rates as well as brand recognition?

You need a lot of cash if you want to compete with hosts advertising on Google, Overture or the big hosting directories. You need to find smart (low cost) ways to advertise, and nobody here will share what worked for him and what not .

Google Ad Words and Overture can be effective if you spend a lot of time managing your account and finding the best keyword phrase and landing page combinations.

Quote Originally Posted by fawh
    Google Ad Words and Overture can be effective if you spend a lot of time managing your account and finding the best keyword phrase and landing page combinations.
    Yes bot Google and Overture can be effective, but to do it requires a lot of work and research...

Quote Originally Posted by ASP-Hosting.ca
    Google and Overture can be effective, but to do it requires a lot of work and research.
    Yes, it does.

I probably did equally well with each. I only used them for a few months though. The one thing I liked about Adwords is I didn't have to wait for an ad to be approved.

Quote Originally Posted by fawh
    I probably did equally well with each. I only used them for a few months though. The one thing I liked about Adwords is I didn't have to wait for an ad to be approved.
    Did you bid on hosting related keyword?

Some Pay per click search engines offer low cost advertising but most of them sue to cheat.

Link Exchnage is a good free alternative but it will not bring you a lot of visitors.

Afiliate Marketing - As far as I know it is the best way to promote and sell online

Direct Advertising - It is very expensive but it helps if you can target your customers.

Regards
    D.
    HostColor.com
    Cloud ServersDedicated Hosting
    Data Centers in U.S. and Europe - in business since 2000

Quote Originally Posted by fcolor
    Direct Advertising - It is very expensive but it helps if you can target your customers.
    Depending on the target market, direct advertising can give you a very good return.

1PlanHost
    Google is very effective if you tweak your keywords and do not use the default "Broad Match" setting which Google will use to match any keyword that are somewhat remotely related to your word. I like to use "Phrase Match" (place the qoutation marks around your keyword phrase) because this tells Google to show any related keyword searches that actually contain your keyword. The even more strict "Exact Match" setting is a bit too targeted in my opinion.

Choose keywords that are relevant to the products and services on your site. For example - "MySql database hosting"

Avoid using general keywords such as "web hosting"

Don't limit yourself to single keywords. (users are much more likely to type in two or three word phrases to find a product or service)

Another tip: Only use their "search network" NOT the "content network" In my experience the content network generates many fraudulent clicks (expensive) from AdSence affiliate sites who make money off of those clicks. The search network remains in the Google network of sites but offers better quality ROI.

The only way to truly get cranking with Google is just to take the risk and jump in with a set daily budget. Just be sure to monitor it closely each day and by all means use the Conversion Rate tracking tool so you can watch your ROI.

Other good advertising tools are
    1. Hosting Directories (get a listing in ALL of them)
    2. Web hosting forums
    3. Natural (Organic) search engine optimization
    4. Links on others sites
    5. Affiliate Programs (very good)

Stay away from paid traffic as those programs are a total waste of money. Many of the paid banner ad programs are also a waste even on hosting related sites. They do generate some click thrus (very few) but in general do not offer a good return on investment.

As with ALL advertising, get yourself a good tool to monitor your ROI. Since 2001 I have used Bob Regnerus' Aff Manager for both our Affliate Program and Ad Tracker and absolutely could not live without it. See http://www.affiliate-management-software.com for details on Aff Manager It is much cheaper than the other professional affiliate software programs but has nearly all the same features and is extremly reliable. Bob is a super guy and an excellent ColdFusion programer

Best Wishes for a .Net Success!

Quote Originally Posted by ASP-Hosting.ca
    Did you bid on hosting related keyword?
    Yes, I bid on different combinations of hosting related keyword phrases.

If my budget available for only one thing, should I go for search engine such as Google adword? or directory? By the way, noticed your guy talk most about Google, what about others search engine? such as MSN, Yahoo,... what is the result since it may require less time, effort and $$ Thanks in advance for sharing info
    Jilly and Puppy are forever!

Lightbulb

Networking your self and getting good review is the best way
    Your Web Hosting Solutions
    ServerPacket
    Aim: ServerPacket

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast