Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PayPal

PayPal

Has PayPal or any other payment gateway ever been hacked?

There have been security holes etc not hacked as in physically taken over as far as i'm aware.

But as with any major site there are always spam emails flying around the net.
    Chris Daley
    Dwebs Ltd :: Company No. 05603664 :: 0870 803 4423
    www.Dhosting.co.uk - Web Hosting
    www.Dwebs.ltd.uk - Web Design & Other Services

My views are my own and not those of my company.

No, my account has never been hacked. But customers order and pay. then say, their account was hacked.

Never heard such stories. Have heard that accounts were stolen.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

If customer says - an account was hacked and payment was done without permission, I suppose there is no way to catch a lie here. Any way if this happens in 30 days refund term, you should refund...

And if you ask considering PayPal's engine security, I read an article about the PayPal hack, which happens some when at 2000th (or may be at the end of 1990th), when PayPal just started as an eBay payment service. The article was about the PayPal hack, it described the hack and it was told that 2 000 CC numbers were stolen due to this hack. But for now this was the only article I heard about PayPal's weakness. May be the article was just provocative against the PayPal. Any way once I've lost $300 just on suspended account. But for now I am still using PayPal because it is much cheaper than other payment services.
    ksmhost.net - FREE reliable hosting in Prague

PayPal is getting more and more secure regularly. Any suspicious activities or reports, changes in IP address, will need phone contact for verification and activation. Also, they are adding to their support staff to help people having problems by phone more quickly.

Sometimes these security options becomes annoying. When I have my account suspended, phone call did not solve the issue. I had to fax my IDs and invoices. But In fact there where nothing wrong with my account. They just suspected something in incoming transaction.

I truly hope, for now PayPal is more flexible for security issues than 2 years ago...
    ksmhost.net - FREE reliable hosting in Prague

If you brake one of their rule you will be panished. And depending your business level your account might never be restored.
    They are big enough and happy to cry about you loosing.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting

Paypal and other companies are very strict regarding security rules.
    They monitor everything from ip address till number of failed login and then take related action.
    They are many story and positive and negative but i have good experience with PayPal. However their support could be better.

Not sure if they have been hacked and had customer info leaked, but there are tons of phishing emails where the people jack your paypal info etc.

Yes I have тиутт getting the same and as rure the are earrived to non paypal email.

I once had somebody take over my old personal PayPal account. I had what I felt to be a strong password and only used it from time to time when I had something to sell on eBay. I hadn't used it in 6 months when suddenly I got e-mails from PayPal telling me that there were holds placed on recent transactions and that I needed to re-verify my account. There was a bank account added to my PayPal and $3000 moved in from one PayPal account and then out to the new Bank Account, and then a chargeback/refund by the original sender which left my account at -3000.

It took about two weeks to clear up, thankfully I hadn't needed to use the account during that period.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting, LLC - Professional Hosting Solutions
    LiteSpeed Powered - Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated, VPS, and Dedicated
    Proudly hosting over 3,700 domains!
    http://www.mddhosting.com/ - Beware “Top 10 Web Hosts” Sites

if you keep your security serious , no one will be able to hack your paypal password.

Quote Originally Posted by BBVPS View Post
    if you keep your security serious , no one will be able to hack your paypal password.
    Way to re-open a nearly year-old thread...
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting, LLC - Professional Hosting Solutions
    LiteSpeed Powered - Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated, VPS, and Dedicated
    Proudly hosting over 3,700 domains!
    http://www.mddhosting.com/ - Beware “Top 10 Web Hosts” Sites

perhaps missed it
    LaneHost Solutions, Inc. | Professional Web Hosting Solutions
    Affordable Shared, Reseller Hosting, Dedicated Servers At Great Prices!
    Complete Solution To Affordable Reseller Web Hosting
    eNom/WHMCS/Private Name Servers/WHM Master Reseller/RVSiteBuilder Pro

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast