Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Windows vs Linux

Which out of Windows and Linux hosting is the best? Which one are you using currently? Is it stable?

I want to know which out of these would be good and easy to use.
    Eranet@Web Hosting www.eranet.com
    Web Hosting, Email & Domains! Trusted by Millions.

I use Windows, it's good...
    If you come to Belgrade follow this link: Rentacar Stars or Rent a car Beograd Ar
    If you need good web developer, you can visit Izrada sajta

Though Linux is free (thus great for struggling programmers), I pick Windows. The latter is so ubiquitous that not having one is of disadvantage.

I would prefer Linux, because it is free.
    Singapore Web Hosting Provider - Since 2001
    24x7x365 Tech. Support - 100% Customer Satisfaction - 100 Days Money Back Guarantee - 99.9% Network Uptime
    Provides Reliable SG Domain Registration, Shared Hosting,Cloud Solution, Dedicated Server, Power Hosting (New)

I would suggest Windows over Linux.

I choice Windows.

It all depends on your needs. I have shared an article comparing the advantages and disadvantages of using Linux and Windows.
    http://thevpsreview.org/windows-linu...ef-comparison/
    Cheap VPS | $1 VPS Hosting
    Windows VPS Hosting | Windows with Remote Desktop
    Cheap Dedicated Server | Free IPMI Setup

My choice is for linux. Stability, mass usage sollutions and affordability.

Though Linux is free (thus great for struggling programmers), I pick Windows. The latter is so ubiquitous that not having one is of disadvantage.

Both Windows and Linux come in many flavors. All the flavors of Windows come from Microsoft, the various distributions of Linux come from different companies (i.e. Linspire, Red Hat, SuSE, Ubuntu, Xandros, Knoppix, Slackware, Lycoris, etc. ).

Windows has two main lines. The older flavors are referred to as "Win9x" and consist of Windows 95, 98, 98SE and Me. The newer flavors are referred to as "NT class" and consist of Windows NT3, NT4, 2000, XP and Vista. Going back in time, Windows 3.x preceded Windows 95 by a few years. And before that, there were earlier versons of Windows, but they were not popular. Microsoft no longer supports Windows NT3, NT4, all the 9x versions and of course anything older. Support for Windows 2000 is partial (as of April 2007).

The flavors of Linux are referred to as distributions (often shortened to "distros"). All the Linux distributions released around the same time frame will use the same kernel (the guts of the Operating System). They differ in the add-on software provided, GUI, install process, price, documentation and technical support. Both Linux and Windows come in desktop and server editions.

My vote is always for windows.....

Windows.

Windows will be beneficial if you are deciding to fit in a searchable catalog to your website. The condensed progress time and enhanced incorporated functionality traits of Windows Hosting provides a real advantage for users desiring to include database services to the website.

If you are planning to fit in functions that uses PHP, Perl or MySQL languages, Linux is the right choice for you. Linux is ideal for websites that display information such as a catalog, in newsletter format or as data sheets. Linux functions fine for ‘brochure-ware’ sites that builds communication via inquiry forms, online purchasing and other e-commerce functions.

Choose according to your requirement. I'm using windows and it works perfect for me.

Both the operating system has some or more functionalities and windows web hosting is the finest and well-chosen product for the high-profile business and industries that need a full and supportive server setup.

Linux is easy to use and it is free.
    offshore vps hosting
    Cheap Offshore Vps Hosting in Russia and Netherlands

D-10/52, Opp. Chitrakoot Stadium, Chitrakoot, Vaishali Nagar, Jaipur-21 (India)
    It’s all completely depends on your requirements.
    Linux is more secure, stable and most important its free but hard to administer for a leman person. Though some linux flavours are supporting GUI but its still far with user friendly.
    While windows is also stable and secure and easy to manage even for a normal person or we can say its user friendly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast