Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hostingITrust View Post
    I see so many people asking for a reliable hosting company. What in your opinion are the factors that makes a company reliable?
    There network uptime, the quickness of their support, and the level of their data center. You need clients that take professional care with their networks, staff, etc.

uptime i think so makes a company relaible.

Normally what I look for is good uptime, quality support, good reviews, what you provide in your service like cPanel, Fantastico Deluxe, and cheap prices. That's basically what all the hosting companies should provide. Some companies do have it's own unique ability.

customers reviews will make a company reliable, Create a page for users reviews and publish original users real comments with complete details that will helps to make the company reliable (if they give reliable service).

The Best Web Hosting Services Offer the necessary services needed for the customers, live technical support and customer satisfaction.

Well, reliably refers to the uptime or downtime of a Servers...
    Please prefer good uptime servers..

On a clear or downtime that people relate to
    Personally, I consider the balance of availability for the previous 12 months

The owners and the employees of a company are the most responsible ones for the success of a company and they must have the clear goals and passion to work.

I feel, few are important factors to make your business more reliable and those are
    1) The customer service
    2) The quality and durability of your product.
    3) Price or product.
    And
    4) Guaranty of products.

Customers! Only customers make a company reliable. If they trust company and if they like everything this company offers that this company is reliable. By the way, I know such company - PlexHosted

Hosted SharePoint 2010 | Hosted Exchange | Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by sojankf View Post
    Choosing the right host is a very important decision. I've compiled a short list of do's and don't when it comes to web hosting.

1) UNLIMITED features. Rarely trust companies that offer unlimited space/bandwidth etc. as this is blatant overselling. When was the last time you saw an unlimited hard drive?! Companies that offer unlimited hosting features may not be around long and their other services tend to suffer - e.g. support.

2) Free hosting. Be wary of free hosts, particularly ones that seem to be giving far too good a deal to you - they probably are. The Webmaster-talk forums are regularly spammed with free hosting, and one that keeps cropping up is called ********.com. I urge you to ignore this as a highly reputable hosts do not spam forums!

3) Your ACTUAL needs. You might be excited by hosts that offer 5GB of storage space and 1000GB (1TB) of bandwidth for very low prices, but you should at the very least be wary of such companies. Besides the con issue, ask yourself - do you even need such large resources? For most small companies and individuals starting up, a maximum of 500MB web storage space and roughly 5GB bandwidth will be adequate. Once your site is up and running, you will be able to see whether you do need more or not and if necessary, you can upgrade. Some hosts (hostmonster.com being an example) seem to offer incredible packages for very low amounts of money. However, companies like this are often unreliable and may end up throwing you off their server if you start using these extreme amounts of resources. See tip no. 5 for solution.

4) Do your research. It's very important to do adequate resource on whichever host you choose: don't just take their word for everything. Check what the technology experts are saying on the issue (e.g. look through reputable technology magazines for reviews). BE CAREFUL WHEN SEARCHING REVIEW SITES - THEY USUALLY EARN COMMISSION FOR EACH SIGNUP SO WILL PUSH THE HIGHEST BIDDING HOST!! While it sounds infantile, type queries like "..... .com sucks" and also search through their own support forums (assuming they have them) to see how quickly issues are resolved. Try contacting their support or sales departments with questions to get a good perspective of their response times. Remember, if their sales department take a while before they have your custom, imagine how long they may take when they do have your custom!

5) When your needs outweight most plans. If you've outgrown your current plan and you are using very large resource amounts, it may be time to think about renting out a VPS (Virtual Private Server) or a Dedicated Server. I emphasize that this will not be necessary unless you are receiving a lot of visitors (traffic) and unless you are storing a very large amount of data (e.g. hundreds of photos, movies or software downloads). VPS' are now relatively cheap and combine reliability with speed and of course more space and bandwidth. A typical entry VPS may offer you 10GB storage and 100GB bandwidth. If you have extreme needs and you are already running a very busy site, you may even contemplate renting out a Dedicated server from a hosting company. Dedicated servers are computers entirely dedicated to your own web site and are very reliable (if you choose the right host) but are overkill for the vast majority of people.
    I agree with you. When choosing a web host . These 5 tips we should consider

Large companies receive customer support and every company that operates continuously for a long time in the market and be able to better business, but the services must be world class view.
    Last edited by hudsonclark072; 09-27-2011 at 05:17 AM.

If you are able to provide your customers with excellent service and take their feedback, you are going to prove yourself reliable. Moreover, a company needs a long-term vision.

You need a company that has excellent customer service and a good reputation. A company that has been around for over ten years is also usually a hallmark of character and quality. In the hosting industry equipment will fail but if you are with a lesser grade company when these failures do occur then you will be pained. Look at some reviews for companies that have been around for a while. Read the reviews more so than the ads.
    Hosted solutions provider since 1998 - Serving Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, NJ, and the UK
    JaguarPC.com - Managed Hybrid Servers | Managed VPS Hosting | Dedicated Servers ~Cloud~SSD~Resellers~cPanel Shared

Hello everyone.. I am Mike Hobby and searching for the information..

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast