Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How to Reduce Spam in Outlook

There are some guidelines given below which is help to reduce Spam. These are following….
    1. Take advantage of the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Office Outlook 2007 helps to mitigate the problem of spam by providing the Junk E-mail Filter, which automatically evaluates incoming messages and sends those identified as spam to the Junk E-mail folder.
    2. Block pictures in HTML messages that spammers use as Web beacons Office Outlook 2007 has an additional anti-spam feature. By default, this feature blocks automatic picture downloads and other external content in messages if the content is linked to a server. If you open a message that has external content when this feature is turned off, the external content downloads automatically, inadvertently verifying to the server that your e-mail address is a valid one. Your e-mail address can then be sold to a spammer. You can unblock external content for messages that come from sources that you trust. For details, see Block or unblock automatic picture downloads in e-mail messages.
    3. Turn off read and delivery receipts and automatic processing of meeting requests Spammers sometimes resort to sending meeting requests and messages that include requests for read and delivery receipts. Responding to such meeting requests and read receipts might help spammers to verify your e-mail address. You can turn off this functionality. However, read and delivery receipts and automatic processing of meeting requests are useful features that you should not be afraid to use within a secure corporate network.
    Note Delivery receipts can be turned off only by your e-mail server administrator.
    Turn off read receipts
    1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
    2. Click E-mail Options.
    3. Click Tracking Options.
    4. Under Use this option to decide how to respond to requests for read receipts. Only applies to Internet Mail accounts, click Never send a response.

Great suggestions.

I like t recommend that if you see the spam message several times, that you will probably continue to get it, just create a rule to filter out all e-mails with "spam message here" in the subject directly to the junk folder. If you get used to seeing that SPAM message too often then your brain starts to smell like spam (the canned kind).

Here are few more tips to reduce spam.

There is a great tool for providing protection against spam and unsolicited emails.
    SpamAid

HostSearch Web Editor

The most effective way of getting rid of spam is at source - use Gmail or Google Apps as your provider. Spam will be sorted BEFORE it arrives in your inbox.

WE2

There is a great tool for providing protection against spam and unsolicited emails.
    SpamAid
    In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity - Albert Einstein
    Audio Production Degrees

Use several block words that your friends would not send you, and occasionally scan the folder for messages from friends.

I would just use thunderbird instead of outlook to be honest.

I would suggest to Block pictures in HTML messages which is widely used by spammers to spam through Outlook.

I'm tired with spam fighting... I used to use big spam filters, but they filter lots of useful emails and now I decided not use it
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998
    Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers, Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
    Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities

The problem is getting valid email automatically redirected to your junk email folder. Thunderbird can be handy.

I also use thunderbird, no issues at all.

Windows mails has better anti spam features..Just try it and you will find it better then others..
    Low cost Web Hosting services with 99.9% uptime - Web Hosting India

Smile Reduce spam

Hi

on every mail maintain a time gap..and frequently you have to change the subject...and if your IP is in spam list remove it from there for this option check in google key word spamhus...this may help you..
    http://www.time4webhosting.com Cheap Web Hosting Offers at Time4WebHosting.com
    Unlimited Web Space | Unlimited Bandwidth | Free Domain Name | Free Site Builder

I like going server side. With exim we have the filters set ti ping 5 different lists. That actually helps a lot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast