Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Don't post your email address online in plain HTML text format. In practice it is nearly impossible not to list your email address online, but it might be a good idea to limit the numbers of different email addresses that you list online, and to list them as rarely as possible................
    Instead use one of the following options:
    (1).JavaScript
    (2).Embed the email address in an images
    (3).Use Web forms

now bookmarked... i'll take the guide thanks

I never even thought of blocking the pictures....thanks!-

I switched to Mac and I can say that the amount of spamming and viruses I receive has been reduced... of course not just because of switching computers, but because I've got rid of some pop3 e-mail accounts I used to use and paid a more attention on optimizing the mail boxes and anti-spam tools.

When it comes to hosting providers I think that researching for new anti-spam tools, upgrading the anti spam software and increasing the server resources (including investment in software) are very important.
    HostColor.com
    Cloud ServersDedicated Hosting
    Data Centers in U.S. and Europe - in business since 2000

I also use thunderbird no problem at all.

Thunderbird seems good alternative, one big plus, it has built in RSS reader.

thunderbird is the best choice

i think there should be some sort of setting on outlook on which you can reduce your spam.

Follow these guidelines to help lower your risk of receiving junk e-mail.

1. Take advantage of the Junk E-mail Filter in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Office Outlook 2007 helps to mitigate the problem of spam by providing the Junk E-mail Filter, which automatically evaluates incoming messages and sends those identified as spam to the Junk E-mail folder.
    2. Block pictures in HTML messages that spammers use as Web beacons Office Outlook 2007 has an additional anti-spam feature. By default, this feature blocks automatic picture downloads and other external content in messages if the content is linked to a server. If you open a message that has external content when this feature is turned off, the external content downloads automatically, inadvertently verifying to the server that your e-mail address is a valid one. Your e-mail address can then be sold to a spammer. You can unblock external content for messages that come from sources that you trust. For details, see Block or unblock automatic picture downloads in e-mail messages.
    3. Turn off read and delivery receipts and automatic processing of meeting requests Spammers sometimes resort to sending meeting requests and messages that include requests for read and delivery receipts. Responding to such meeting requests and read receipts might help spammers to verify your e-mail address. You can turn off this functionality. However, read and delivery receipts and automatic processing of meeting requests are useful features that you should not be afraid to use within a secure corporate network..................

How to Reduce Spam in Outlook

I know which port to open to host games but how to open it can anyone tell me how?

Limit the places where you post your e-mail address Be cautious about posting your e-mail address on public Web sites, such as newsgroups, chat rooms, bulletin boards, and so forth. When visiting public sites, you might want to use an e-mail address that is different from your main e-mail address. Remove your e-mail address from your personal Web site. Whenever you list or link to your e-mail address, you increase your chances of being spammed.

Quote Originally Posted by tomherry View Post
    3. Turn off read and delivery receipts and automatic processing of meeting requests Spammers sometimes resort to sending meeting requests and messages that include requests for read and delivery receipts. Responding to such meeting requests and read receipts might help spammers to verify your e-mail address. You can turn off this functionality. However, read and delivery receipts and automatic processing of meeting requests are useful features that you should not be afraid to use within a secure corporate network.
    Note Delivery receipts can be turned off only by your e-mail server administrator.
    Turn off read receipts
    1. On the Tools menu, click Options.
    2. Click E-mail Options.
    3. Click Tracking Options.
    4. Under Use this option to decide how to respond to requests for read receipts. Only applies to Internet Mail accounts, click Never send a response.
    As per my known we can use custom read receipts as place Turn off read receipts. I heave set this ask me.

and feel this is good choice.

san

you can find any software for reducing spam on outlook.

Cool.. now i have a lot of references for learning on h How to Reduce Spam in Outlook...thanks..thanks..thanks..

Link Building

You will probably continue to get it, just create a rule to filter out all e-mails with "spam message here" in the subject directly to the junk folder. If you get used to seeing that SPAM message too often then your brain starts to smell like spam.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast